𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟵

"I-I don't think its here

"I-I don't think its here...It must be in my Fathers Office" She said standing up and started to keep the files back in order.

'Did I really just waste my energy to hear that?' My mind started highlighting all the points why I should limit myself from helping her further. What good would it do for me anyway? 'But there was no way she could have known if its here or not' I reasoned internally. She looks apologetic, shes feeling guilty as well.

"Is there a chance of you remembering or have any clue of where your fathers workplace could be" Maybe a floor or outside view of it?" I asked regardless of all the voices whispering in my ear to stop already.

"Uh-um I- Oh right...its the last level and....the last room at the end of the hall" She let out when she recalls the details.

"Alright then" I said going near her to pick her up again."But wait-" She stepped back before I could lift her up. I glanced over at her with a questioning furrow."The hallway interiors are glass...it would be easy for the other employees to see something going through...besides if they play through the CCTV cams we're both doomed" She clearifed her prediction.

"Oh...well we can go through the outside windows" I implied a solution.

"There aren't any openable windows in his office" She cut out my answer.

"Well...what do you suggest?" I asked running out of theories to get her file. She started biting on her lip, looking around for any ideas that could work. Few short seconds of silence passed by ending with her snapping her fingers together. She then pulled out her phone out, typing something in quickly and then kept her phone next to her ear. I stayed there confused of what I should be doing or what shes planning on.

"I'll call my fathers assistant and ask if everyo-Hi Hyunjin" She changed her words when the other line picked up.

↢ ❦ ↣

"Hello?"

"-Hi Hyunjin"

"Why did you call at this hour? Anything wrong?" as always,his voice lacked any sort of real emotion.

"Um..I just called to ask..." I trailed off thinking how I should continue."Ask what?"

"A-are you still at work?"

"Yeah I am,why?" Why does this dude always have to include a 'why'.

"Uh-um...Is my father still as work?" I directed trying not to sound off.

"No,he left for a meeting outside of Seoul" YESS!!! MISSION ACCEPPTED!! I looked towards him with gleeful eyes filled with hope and showed him my fist as a victory. He sighed in relief afterwards, guess we're both on the same page.

"W-well then um...can you tell my father that..." I hesitated to speak what my mind was pushing me to say.

"That...I-I want to take some time off from next week" I unintentionally spilled my wish I've been wanting to request for weeks now. I wanted time for myself, I think I deserve some fresh air.

I've been working non-stop, file after file without caring about my own health. The last time I had stopped was when I was down with the flu, which was over 3 months ago. The least of a 'Vacation' I receive is when the company is on a hiatus, or when Im sick. Other than that I never got a break. I don't even remember the last time I walked to a store or even for a simple walk. But as always I kept that urge of permission sealed away.

I just couldn't bear to face him and get another ear full of 'No' all over. Alas, now that I told Hyunjin,he might or might not convince my father. It depends on him now, my pitiful pleading won't work. I would be lucky, and thankful if I get to hear my father agreeing.

"......." The other line went dead quiet. I nervously started nibbling on my lip worried of what he might say.

"I'll do what I can" Thank god, hearing that response means nothing but a 'Yes' in expectations."OKay then...thank you very much...oh and when will you come over to take the rest of the files?"

"Uh I'll come around 2? Make sure you have reorganized them according to date" He bossed from the other side as always.

"Sure thing...Bye-"

"Hmm"

*End of call*

"Aishh this guy seriously has no human emotions" I tsked when he didn't say anything back to my warm regards. He has been like that since the first day we met. No response just a 'hm' or a nod. I sometimes wonder if his preschool teachers taught him manners or not. Nevermind, they might have had too much of his ignorant silence.

"Now that your over with your call,mind to explain what I have to do here?" He said resting his face with a poker.

"You just have to do your magic and zoom in to the cabin" I said plastering a proud grin on my lips.

"Alright...may I lift you up now?" He asked for consent THIS TIME. I scoffed with a laugh of how this dude didn't ask me that when he was going to get ahold of me back at home. As a reaction he lifted his eyebrow at me.

"What?" He asked not knowing my thoughts.

"Well if it was for how I didn't inquire the same before at your house...just know that I wanted to shut your wordy mouth" He said topping it off with a mocking smile.

'Oh how much I would love to wipe that off his face' I internally rolled my eyes at him. Before I could say anything else he already picked me up and dashed out of the door. With lightning speed he went past all the halls and in 5 seconds we reached the room.

He let me go and I stepped down while my eyes wondered around the dim spacious walls enclosing from the four sides. It was partially empty. His black varnished table stood in the middle with three matching chairs for him and his so called 'clients' equally, a mysterious door on the wall which probably is where he keeps files and stuff and a sofa at the far corner that looks like it hasn't been touched for over an year. Before long, my ears picked up an echoing fake cough which would only be by him.

"Oh" I turned my attention to him, who was sitting in one of the clients chairs.

"Right..." I lastly whispered to no one and sat at my fathers chair. We're same blood, so there shouldn't be much of a problem with it right? Besides its until I get these darn papers. I opened my phones flashlight and started my search.

Couple of minutes passed by as I was rummaging through my fathers table drawers, trying my hardest to make sure it wont shine on the smooth milky white tiles underneath. If I do, it will reflect through the glass which will lead up to someone barging in through the door and getting caught. That's the last thing I would want to happen after all of the fuss I-we had to go through.

"YESS!!" I exclaimed in joy as I found the blue hardcover containing the finished papers of the presentation I have to work on. As I was turning off my flashlight while closing the drawer, I accidentally bumped into the table when I was trying to go around it causing it to slide out of place.

I knew it was the end for us when I heard a faint voice from outside followed by several rushed footsteps.

"Who's there?" Someone said from the outside hall, a light shining over the frosted glass as they were coming towards the den. I looked over at him not knowing what to do and he got up from his seat pulling me with him towards the built in locker. To our luck it didn't have shelves, instead it was filled with dust and air. It wasn't big but both of us cramped inside of it somehow.

It was in an awkward position of me being pushed back against the back of the wooden wardrobe while he was towering over me. It was unnoticed by both of us since we froze in place when we saw the light striding over slit of the cupboard door.

To be continued 🌃

Published: 14/12/22
Re-edited: 31/07/23