:::Dreaper::: Sunlight in Purgatory - Reapember 10: Limbo (Fluff)

A/N: An update? On *my* Wattpad account? It's more likely than you think~

Hello from the other side of this hellish fandom, I have returned (technically never left but I digress) and I'm here to finally finish Reapember right at the dawn of another possible Reapember, but this one-shot was sitting idly by as I wrote other things so I figured finishing this up will give me some piece of mind.

You bet your ass this is not an Afterdeath fic for a change, well kinda. This plays off a head canon I like to mess with where Reaper, Dream, and Nightmare had a brief relationship before the corruption happened, so this has mentions of past Dreapermare and implied current Afterdeath and KillerCreammare.

Basically this fic boils down to two old gods have fun flirtatious banter as they reminisce on the past.

I also mentioned this in an announcement but I'll mention it again. I am still writing/posting my writing but have mostly migrated to AO3 by this point (@/Gleae), I did a whole writing challenge in August where I posted fics of a number of different ships. Might still periodically post here, but not guaranteed.

Anyway my rambling aside, enjoy~

***

A soft hummed melody echoed amidst the dark mist engulfing the hundreds of souls awaiting their call to the other side. Typically there is an eerie silence in purgatory that the god expects upon arrival, so the light voice whisking through the dense air was certainly unexpected but not unheard of. In the darkness he spotted a soft golden glow surrounding a welcomed visitor, a warmth radiating off them that the god of death was quite familiar with.

"Hiding again?"

"Oh Reaper, sorry, I suppose I'm intruding again, aren't I?"

"You never are, sunshine, did you need to clear your head?" The question seemed natural coming from Reaper, having occasionally found the guardian in his territory to get away from the multiverse's chaos. Not that Reaper could blame him, sharing that sentiment as he floated down to the ground to actually sit cross legged beside Dream.

"Yea, it's strange to think surrounding myself with the dead can bring me such peace of mind. Kinda messed up huh?"

"Not at all, you're speaking with Death after all, I'm surrounding by these souls constantly, it's the truest calm there is: the end of life brings the silence of death,"

"That's grimly poetic,"

"Of course, couldn't possibly be a reaper if I wasn't grim~" Dream couldn't help but let off a chuckle despite Reaper's joke being corny at best, yet the god's quip is endearing nonetheless, "Your laugh is as ethereal as ever, sunshine," The guardian went quiet for a moment, his face dusting with gold light before he smiled lightly.

"Flirt with me like that, we'll fall right back into our old ways,"

"Assuming we ever truly left them," The disheartened laugh was evident from Dream, knowing that the two have long since left their close association behind them, having been centuries since they could have been in what could be considered a relationship.

"That was a long time ago, Reaper, we were still young back then,"

"Well you two were, I'm as old as time itself, dear," The brief reminder of the time before Nightmare's corruption left a sense of nostalgia to resonate in both of them. The twins were but young gods when they first encountered Reaper, barely a few decades old, but their short yet sweet association together was only recalled fondly despite how abruptly it was cut off. Even after Dream has mended his relationship with Nightmare, neither tried to rekindle what they had with the death god after so many centuries, only left with sweet memories and fond conversations. Though this has never stopped Reaper nor Dream from making a teasing comment or two.