:::Afterdeath::: Short-Lived Punishment -- (Fluff)

AN: I'm at a position right now where I'm working on a few different things but haven't really finished anything, so in the mean time have some more Afterdeath fluff - It's good for the soul(or lack there of).

I will hopefully have progress on some other works of mine, but nothing definitive.

Thanks for your patience, guys. Appreciate the support thus far.

No one's POV::

Much like any other night, Geno shouldn't be surprised by Reaper's predictable actions, but for some reason that night in particular really ticked him off.

"That's it, Reaper. You're sleeping on the couch!" Geno sat up quickly after having yanked Reaper's hand away from its previous spot between the smaller's thighs, grabbing a pillow to shove in the god's face.

"Wait- babe why?" Reaper pulled the pillow onto his lap once he sat up as well at his lover's outburst, not really as confused as the question would have entailed, due to this happening before.

"Stop trying to fuck me all the time, maybe then you wouldn't have to ask that," Geno finally fell back onto the bed, rolling onto his side to look away from his husband.

"Baby, I was just trying to enjoy your company, that's all~" Reaper teased lightly, hoping to ease the fuming anger Geno gave off with a gentle hand on his shoulder, but was met with resistance as Geno shook it off him. Clearly by the silence he got in return there would be little he could do to convince his smaller lover to allow his stay in the room, so with a sigh he took the pillow the other previously threw his way and did the walk of shame to the living room couch, where he had unfortunately gotten more than well acquainted to before.

Geno turned looked over his shoulder to the empty bed beside him, almost feeling bad for kicking his husband out, but easily cast that concern aside with the notion that they could likely spend more time the following morning. He sighed lightly and pulled one of the pillows to his chest, not wanting to admit that he already missed the company of the other beside him, the feeling of being alone again being that of an unwelcomed one.

***

A muted whine managed to grasp the god's attention, as the couch didn't grant him much of a heavy sleep to begin with, drawing him upright quickly. He waited a moment to confirm what he heard, the repeating sound now urging him up the stairs to their bedroom. He carefully opened the door to not initially wake the smaller, seeing him faintly whine in his sleep, muffled by the pillow he held close to him. Reaper has unfortunately been graced with this sight before, slowly crawling onto the empty side of the bed to sit beside his nightmare stricken lover. With a gentle touch, Reaper placed a hand on the smaller's skull, lightly brushing his thumb along the bone, initially noticing him flinch at the touch, but easing an iota soon after. Reaper leaned down to leave a light kiss where his thumb just passed over, seeing the tension built in Geno's expression fall to appear more calm and peaceful.

"You're okay, angel..." The words were barely a whisper, but they were still well understood by the smaller as the remaining tension from his body was released, the pillow previously being strangled in his grasp now regaining its shape from the newly lax hold. Reaper gave a light smile at the effectiveness of his methods, finally laying down beside Geno to keep him company after the previously displayed nightmare that plagued him. Very gently he wrapped an arm around the smaller to draw his form closer to the taller, leaving another kiss on the nape of his neck. "Shh, I'm right here, angel..." Once again Reaper cooed lightly, shifting his hand onto the smaller shoulder to trail it down in a comforting manner, silently showing he's safe with the god so close. Geno shifted lightly, unconsciously pressing closer to the warm body behind him, humming on faintly at the newly welcomed presence of his husband.

Reaper spared a weak chuckle at how Geno reacted, leaving another kiss on the back of his skull before settling into a quiet sleep as well. An almost unnoticed 'I love you' slipped from Reaper's tongue as he finally slipped into a dreamless slumber beside his love.

***

The god felt the unsettling feeling of death loom over him: by far one of the worst ways to be awoken in the morning. With a heavy sigh, Reaper attempted to get up to answer the silent call to work that he has grown to loath so much more with Geno in his life now: Far too much time spent away from his angel - then again, to the god, any time is too much time.

The immediate reaction to his vain attempt at leaving the bed was a faint groan muffled into his shirt, that proceeded by a tighter pull of said garment. Geno's desire to have Reaper close apparently far exceeded that of an unconscious one, as the smaller slowly shifted his skull to deliver a weak glare to his husband, as though he had the audacity to leave the bed without him. This was only met with an amused chuckle from the god as he brought a hand to his cheek to rub the sleep from Geno's socket.

"Weren't you the one that wanted me on the couch, love?" Geno huffed, turning away from the hand that caressed his cheek, only to bury his face back into Reaper's chest.

"I changed my mind..." Reaper couldn't help but melt at the insinuation that Geno's actions gave, only further enforcing Geno's genuine care and enjoyment of him, even when frequently denied.

"Babe, as much as I'd love to indulge in your desire to be near me, I do need to leave now," Geno weakly shook his head, almost audibly whining at his husbands request to leave.

"Hmn, just a little bit longer... please?" Geno muttered the concluding word faintly, knowing very likely that Reaper would tease him for it. Contrary to that assumption, Reaper simply laid back down, sparing only a faint snicker at the plea.

"Or course angel, I could never say no to you," The god spoke softly to his partner, leaving a light kiss on his forehead, before settling again on the bed, pushing down that dreaded call to work for at least a few more minutes - treasured minutes with his angel.