:::Afterdeath::: More Family Shenanigans -- (Fluff)

A/N: Welp, guess who's been just as productive in quarantine as they have been out of it. That's right! Nothing's changed.

On this quaint snowy mother's day though, what better way to celebrate than to have short snippets of Geno being Best Mom. Not really that much Afterdeath, but it includes Geno and the four Afterdeath kids I usually write with, with a surprising amount of Shino. Each breaker (***) means its a new independent scene unrelated to the previous one.

Anyway, stay safe, stay healthy, and enjoy some family fluff.

I'll be back uuuuh... sometime? 'Least once finals will be done, I'll have more time to procrastinate my writing!

***In which Geno is a tough mom, but when he needs to, he'll comfort his children***

The small hooded child walked up to the couch, sniffling quietly.

"M-mama?" He rubbed his eye socket lightly to brush away tears, a little startled by his mother's initially cold annoyed response.

"What-" Geno's immediate annoyance was brought on by the fact that Goth was up past his bedtime, but he paused when he saw his son shaking slightly, trying to hold back his tears. He immediately softened his expression as he held out one of his hands invitingly, "Oh baby, I'm sorry, what's wrong?" Goth tried his best not to cry more, thinking it made his mom mad but inevitably began to sob and jumped into his mother's arms for comfort. Geno cradled the four year old in his arms, rocking slightly and hushing him with a quiet maternal tone, "Baby, I can't help unless you tell me what's wrong," Geno cooed, petting the back of the sobbing child's head.

"I-i... I don't know... I was scared... a-and..." Goth buried his face in his mother shirt, crying harder at the memory of what may have scared him.

"Ssh, you're okay, baby. Nothing's gonna hurt you, not while I'm here," Geno continued to speak in a soft voice, soothing his crying son to nothing more than a sniffle, receiving a faint nod in response, "Was it something in your room that scared you?" Goth sniffed again, nodding as he hummed in affirmation, "Want me to check for you?" The child nodded again, looking up to see a gentle smile on his mom's face, before he leaned in to leave a kiss on his hooded skull, "Alright," Geno stood up with the young skeleton in his arms, holding him close to his chest as he walked up the stairs to Goth's room. The room was expectedly dark, although the usual night light kept on wasn't for some reason, which was likely what spawned the child's fears. Geno walked over to the bedside, turning said nightlight on before looking back down at his son, "See? There's nothing to be scared of," Once Goth nodded, albeit hesitantly, Geno set him down on the bed, pulling the blankets over him to tuck him in again. The mother took a seat at the side of bed to assure his son goes off to sleep without any more issues, lightly petting his hooded skull to lull him off to sleep, "You okay now?"

"Mama, can you stay?" Geno's hand paused before he smiled lightly, leaning down to kiss Goth's forehead.

"Of course, baby," Geno laid down beside his son, over the blankets, feeling the child shift over a bit to give him room but nestle closer once Geno stopped moving. The parent continued to pet his son's head, finally satisfied at the sight of him closing his sockets and falling to sleep. With a tired smile, Geno joined the younger in slumber.

***In which Shino asks for help constantly, but Geno finds it adorable***

"Mama!" The echoed call of a child got Geno's attention from where he stood, hearing an equally familiar patter of footsteps down the hall leading to his bedroom. Geno chuckled at the repetitive routine he knew was going to follow, just as it does every morning. As per their unspoken schedule, Shino comes in, bright eyed as always, with her signature pink scarf in hand, immediately running to her mother's side.