:::Poth::: Testing Toxicity Part 1/2-- (---)

A/N: Trying something little different. This is going to be a part one to one of two potential continuations: one being smutty, one fluffy. I originally just wanted to write another smut but thought that it would technically make more sense for it to be fluff, so I wrote both. The fluff was inadvertently shorter.

This whole thing was kinda a stupid idea revolving around my head canon that Palette is a lightweight contrary to Goth.

No one's POV::

Goth didn't quite think things through when he offered to go to a local bar for a few drinks with his boyfriend. He knew he wasn't much for drinking but he would have never guessed he was so much of a lightweight that one drink began to disorient him. Palette of course shook it off, to Goth displeasure, wanting to spend a nice night with his partner with the bar being practically empty and only the subtle sound of background music being heard from the bar table. As long as Palette found himself able to walk straight he would be fine, not wanting to ruin the night due to his lacking alcohol tolerance: it was no kidding Palette chose to not drink in the first place.

Goth, on the other hand, seemed unaffected by his third drink, having apparently inherited his father's high tolerance, contrary to his mom's: being half god had its perks. This led most of Goth's attention to be pinned on his boyfriend, who seemed a little dazed at his first drink.

"Palette maybe we should go home, this was a bad idea anyway," Palette perked up a bit at the disheartened comment, a little disappointed that Goth felt that way.

"No, no. I'm fine. I just probably won't have anymore, but it's nice to finally be out with you again," Palette smiled sweetly, causing Goth to blush lightly.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were a lightweight," Palette scoffs in mock-offence.

"I'm not that bad,"

"You've only had one drink," The smaller snickered quietly, finding his boyfriend's argument pretty cute.

"And what, you're tolerance is higher?"

"I could almost definitely beat you out,"

"Are you trying to test me?" Palette voice took on a more cocky tone, finding a potential challenge in his partner's words.

"Palette, no. You are going to regret it, trust me," Goth attempted to wave Palette off, hoping he won't try anything stupid, which inadvertently was a mistake.

"Hmm? What's the worst that can happen?" Goth rolled his eyes as he disheartening chuckled.

"I don't like where this is going, hun,"

"How about this: Whoever downs a pint of beer the fastest wins,"

"Hmm? What do they win~?" Goth cooed as he leaned in a bit, curious on Palette's mentality, probably getting his hopes a little too high. Palette seemed to think for a moment, before replying confidently.

"Winner doesn't have to make breakfast in the morning," Goth rose a figurative eyebrow at his boyfriend, maybe hoping for an addition but he couldn't argue with that bet: it seemed a fair price.

"Alright, you're on. You are gonna regret this by the way,"

"Already thinking you'll win?"

"You're already tipsy, dear. You couldn't take another pint," Palette scoffed again and called the bartender over for two pints of beer. A relatively confident air took Palette, even when expectedly, he lost, almost choking when he got about three-fourths of the way done. Seeing as Goth had already finish, he set his nearly empty glass down defeatedly, grimacing at the remnants in the glass, hearing Goth take a deep breath to compose himself.

"Lucky, you're already an early riser, I guess," Goth gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, before noticing a bit of unfocus in Palette's eyelights. He cupped the taller's face, studying his expression for a moment. "You seem a bit flushed, maybe we should head home now," With an unopposed nod, the two payed and began to walk home. Fortunately, with only a slight bit of disorientation on Palette's part, that was found to be a simple task, albeit Palette clearly seemed dazed and tired, having an arm wrapped around the smaller for security. The two stepped into the house and Goth led Palette to the couch to sit him down, sitting beside him. "Do you need anything?" Palette rested his skull on top of Goth's hooded one, with his arm still wrapped around the smaller.

" 'm okay," Palette left a lingering kiss atop Goth's skull, not really fully acknowledging what he's doing. He trailed down to the other's temple, jaw, then neck, after pulling down on Goth's scarf, taking in a deep breath.

"Palette...?" Goth was a little taken aback by Palette more forward behavior, although he found it easily explainable by his previous intoxication.

"I just want to hold you, Gothy~" Palette wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist, pulling him into his lap to shower more haphazard affections on him. Goth actually found it quite adorable how clingy Palette seemed when tipsy and he loved the endearing attention; not that Palette doesn't do it usually, but still.

**

A/N: From here it breaks off directly into one of the two alternate variants: whatever suits your fancy. (Although it is likely both would be read regardless)