:::Afterdeath::: Linger -- (Fluff/Angst)

EDIT: I'm trying to fix something. Wattpad claims this is drafted even when I think people are still reading it. I'm just republishing to be sure. Disregard otherwise.

A/N: This is an old concept I had in the document. I've been recently trying to sift through them and figured this one is a short one I could finish up while I'm working on a longer request again.  This is actually surprisingly short, only being about 600 words.

I will add a warning: There is mention of self-harm, albeit it doesn't ever happen.

No one's POV::

Relative silence left the house at rest, Reaper not really minding nor noticing that contrast from the norm. He bided his time on his phone only looking up when Geno walked up to the couch he was on and impromptly takes a seat in his lap, initially surprising him. Reaper felt Geno untie his cloak slightly and wrap himself in it, burying his face in his husband's chest. The god's first inclination was to tease Geno, chuckling slightly at the spontaneous behavior.

"You're being rather straightforward-"

"S-shut up.... Please shut up..." Geno, having previously tried to suppress himself, chokes out a quiet sob, still trying to sound coherent.

"Babe...?" Reaper's tone of voice quickly turned more concerned at the seriousness of the situation, hoping Geno would be willing to clarify the issue.

"I started thinking things... having ideas... I don't want to hurt myself..." Reaper finally came to the realization of what his partner meant, wrapping an arm around him sympathetically but remaining silent for a moment as he heard Geno cry more. "Please Reaper, don't let me hurt myself..."

"I won't, love. I won't ever let you," Reaper spoke quietly in a reassuring manner, wrapping Geno further into his oversized cloak. He carefully rubbed Geno's back as he felt his body shake slightly from crying.

"I'm scared... I don't want to think like this... please Reaper, I don't know what to do..." Geno's grip around his husband tightened more as he continued to beg for closure and protection, feeling that if he were to ever let go he would have no control over himself: the thought alone terrified him.

"Shh, you're going to be okay, I won't let you go," Reaper whispers against Geno's skull, planting gently kisses atop his head, "I'll keep you safe, I promise,"

"...i'm sorry, Reaper..." Geno sniffed quietly, his voice shaken and muffled in Reaper's clothes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, dear. You're alright..." His words trailed off as he continued to care for his ill stricken lover crying in his arms. Time seemed to go by thoughtlessly as the two remained on the couch, Geno's cries slowly diminishing to near silence with Reaper holding him close. Geno hummed exhaustively, now resting his head on the god's shoulder as he felt Reaper lightly rub his back, leaving a kiss to linger on his skull as he seemed lost in thought as what his husband told him.

"Remember..." Reaper suddenly continued, quickly grasping the smaller's attention, "We vowed 'till death do us part, and I won't ever let us part, angel," Reaper shifted one of his hands to meet with Geno's and interlaced their fingers together, their golden bands clicked against one another. Geno weakly nodded, smiling slightly, tears pooled in the corner of his sockets again. "Why are you still crying, love?" Reaper cupped Geno's face and brushed the tears away with his thumb, seeing the other blink at the touch.

"I'm just so happy I have you, thank you.." Geno was borderline sobbing again as he buried his face in Reaper's neck, a weak chuckle now replacing the previous melancholy.

"There is no need to thank me, I should be the one who's grateful. You were my new Life, angel," Geno nodded as he lovingly nuzzled against his husband, loving the sound of his endearing words. With a faint smile lingering on the god's face, he kissed Geno's skull again before leaning back on the couch to enjoy the more blissful company, breathing a faint sigh in relief at Geno's improved mental state: at least for now.