:::Afterdeath:::Payed with Pain -- (Angst)

Requested: CanvasTheShipper

A/N:

Yes this is a second update after a single day! I wrote the entirety of this all today so forgive any typos (as always). Do not get used to this update schedule, I just wanted to finish this one cause it was actually older than the previous one, I just couldn't figure out how to write it. Also, with this one published that finished up my request from the first version of this book, now finally onto my next round of request... and boy do I have a lot of 'em. I just want to say again thank you so much for your patience if you had requested me. I will hopefully be burning through some in the next few weeks.

So, buckle your seat belts kids cause we're about to go on an emotional roller coaster. (mostly just going down)

This is a Hanahaki disease request I received (again, a while ago, sorry) and usually these kinds of stories either end happily or with someone dead; mine doesn't end with either, so have fun with this one.

No one's POV::

The god of death coughed into his hand as he completed another job, having just collected the soul. He looks down at his hand, a crimson stain remaining along with some blood painted flower petals. He breath a dispirited sigh, slowly losing hope in himself as the festering disease only grows worse. He grabs onto his sleeve to rid his hand of blood, with it not being noticeable on the black fabric. Pulling out his booklet, he assesses his completed work, still having time to spare. He forces down his thoughts of reason and rips his scythe through the air to create a portal to the voided save screen he frequently visits. Feeling a small bit of relief in his mind but an ache in his soul at the sight of the small white clad skeleton, sitting in the midst of the dense blackness. Reaper floated closer to the smaller, pulling a lazy expression to not rouse concern. Geno finally turned at the sense of Reaper's dark bitter aura, seeming slightly annoyed at his presence.

"Heya, Geno," He delivered a small wave and smiled weakly at the other, hovering beside him now, leaning against his scythe slightly.

"What are you doing here again?" He looked up at him coldly, before gazing back at the nothingness on the ground.

"Just had some extra time and wanted to stop by," The god shrugged, despawning his weapon and taking a seat next to Geno.

"Well you did, you can leave now," He didn't even spare a glance at Reaper, causing another spike of pain to strike the god's soul. Reaper remained there in silence still looking a Geno, hoping for something more than just spiteful remakes for his leave. A few minutes passes like that, slowly frustrating the glitched skeleton. "I said you can leave," He spoke with more bitterness.

"What if I don't want to? What if I just want to keep you company?" Reaper's lip curled into a soft smirk, leaning closer to Geno.

"I don't need your company, you're just a nuisance to me. Sitting here by myself would be better," He looked away from Reaper entirely, turning his back to him.

"You love having me here, you just won't admit it," Reaper teased further, pushing Geno closer to snapping completely.

"No I don't Reaper! Why can't you understand how annoying you are to me. You just keep coming back and I don't know why," Geno turned around with a flare in his eye, raising his voice significantly, resulting in Reaper to move away slightly at the outburst. Reaper's expression fell at the blatant insult, that ache only growing, another series of coughs scrapping at his chest for release.

"If only you did," The god muttered to himself making Geno's expression soften in curiosity.

"What?"