46

Camilla POV:

Thst curry was fucking amazing!

I've never eaten curry before and it was amazing!

I couldn't help but notice the accent in all of their voices. Well except for James...he sounds normal. No accent.

Out of curiosity, I scooped up the courage I had and asked the question I wanted to ask since I met Calvin.

"Where are you guys from?"

Calvin agve me a side glance with a smile on his lips.

"We are from South-Africa. We originally lived in South-Africa. Calvin went to primary school there and Avery finished high school there. We moved to L.A. because Calvin got a scholarship and eventually got bumped uo a few grades. Avery was also expected into law school here." Calvin's mother answerd my question.

That is so cool. I knew their accents sounded different from what I've heard before.

I suddenly yawned and Calvin gave me a cute smile.

"Mamma. I think Cam here is getting tired. Maby we should call it a night?" Calvin told his mother and she nodded with agreement.

"Yes, yes, ofcourse! Camilla you must be so tired!" She told me and I gave her a smile.

She is just amazing.

"Thank you for dinner mrs. Schoeman. It was delicious!"

"Please, please! Dont call me that! You can call me Flora." She told me and I smiled at her again and thanked her again.

Both Calvin and I stood up and headed to hus room.

"So where am I going to sleep?" I asked him.
"On the bed." He replied simply.
"And what about you?"
"I'll sleep on the couch Camilla. Don't worry about it."

I gave him a gratefull smile but before we went to sleep he sat down on the bed next to me. He looked at me with concern before asking a qeustion I knew I had to answer sometime today.

"Why where you crying in the rain?"

"Umm it's a long story..." I told him.

"I have time." He said in a gentle voice.

I don't know what hapoend to me but I dit it. I told him my entire life story. From the switch at birth to why I was in the rain.

"It all started when I was born."  I began

"I didn't think you whould start from the beginning beginning?" He told me with confusion.

"Well, if you want to understand why I was crying in the rain, you have to listen from the beginning beginning." I answered a little annoyed with him for interrupting me.

"It all started when I was born. My parents knew they were going to have a girl and a biy but they didn't want a girl. They wanted a boy. Another one. My mother couldn't get a abortion because they were going to have a boy too." I looked over at Calvin to see him listening intently to me.

"When my mom gave birth to me, my parents didn't stay long enough for the nurses to even put their names on the birth certificate. They left me in the hospital with my twin and then they went home and told everyone that I had died when I was born, wich is complete bullshit. Anyways. There was a man at the hospital that same day. He and his wife really wanted kids but they couldn't have any so he took me from the hospital. He and his wife raised me to have the perfect life, until one day, everything went to shit." I said the last part with anger.

"Daniel. The man who I thought was my fater. He left one day when I was 2 and I couldn't find the woman who was my mom at that time. I searched for her untill I found her. She was inside the basement covered in blood and chained up to a wall. She told me to grab the thing inside the drawer and I did. It was a gun. She told me to shoot her and I did." The tears started rolling.