2

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"WOOOO GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!" Ni-ki shouted loudly, clapping his hands together like a seal as he re-entered the waiting room.

"YEAAAAHHHHHH FIRST PLAAACEE!!!!!" Sunghoon joined, triumphantly pumping their trophy in the air and doing a little victory dance. Sunoo laughed and pointed at how funny the two looked.

"Heeseung-hyung, your ending fairy was legendary!" Jungwon smiled, patting the older's shoulder. Heeseung was still sweating and panting from the performance, but he managed to give Jungwon a sheepish smile.

"Hey, what about me?" Jay, the other ending fairy of the performance, frowned, causing the younger to laugh.

"You did great too, hyung" Jungwon chuckled at his hyung's cuteness.

Jake's head was still spinning, dizzy from the exhausting choreography. Blessed-Cursed was one of their hardest performances yet, and although Jake's dancing had improved significantly this comeback, the choreography still drained every ounce of energy in his body every time he danced it.

He wiped the sweat off his face using a tissue. I wish I saw that ending fairy, he thought frowning to himself. He wasn't able to see Heeseung's ending fairy clearly from the position the members ended in. I'll just watch it later when the fancam is released.

"What's next on the schedule for today?" Jungwon asked their manager.

Their manager rummaged through a stack of papers, checking each one carefully before turning to Jungwon and saying "Actually, there's nothing for the rest of the day." The members gasped excitedly. Enhypen was always busy. Their schedules were packed from dawn to dusk, whether it was music shows, variety shows, fansigns, recordings, vocal training, or choreography practice. The event of having a day off only happened once in a dark moon.

"NICESEUUUU" Sunoo exclaimed, clapping happily at the news.

"Let's go bowling!!!" Ni-ki said, bouncing up and down excitedly.

"Y'all do that, I'm going home and sleeping." Jay said as-a-matter-of-factly, already packing his belongings.

"I think I'll head home too, I'm exhausted" Jake said truthfully, following Jay out of the waiting room.

Timeskip: 9:07pm

Jake and Jay were the only ones home at the dorm. The rest of the members had decided to go bowling after Ni-ki convinced them he would pay for Korean barbecue afterwards. Jay had gone to take a shower, which left Jake some private time to himself.

He flopped on his bed with a humph and pulled out his phone, searching up Heeseung's latest fancam.

저 빛 너머의 liar, 우린 현실로 fade in
이 거짓들 사이, 현생 속으로 dive in

Jake clutched his chest dramatically. Every time Heeseung did that high kick at the beginning of Blessed-Cursed's chorus, it felt like Jake was taking a kick to the heart. It took everything in his power not to squeal like a fangirl.

"What the heck Jake?" Jay suddenly entered their shared room with only a towel around his waist, shaking the water out of his hair.

"Kkamjjagiya" (a/n: a Korean phrase that means something along the lines of "You scared me." if you keep up with Enhypen, you know Jake says it a lot haha) Jake said, still clutching his chest.

Jay rolled his eyes. "Another Heeseung fancam? Why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

Jake blinked and stared at the other for a second. "What do you mean?" he asked, trying to sound oblivious, but Jay scoffed.

"I mean tell him that you like him, stupid." Jay said, looking Jake straight in the eyes.

"What?? I don't like Heeseung-hyung. I'm a guy" Jake tried to defend himself.

"Oh yeah? Explain why you're always watching his fancams then." Jay crossed his arms.

"I'm just monitoring-"

"And explain why you always eat ramyeon and late night snacks with him."

"We, we both just get hungry at nigh-"

"And explain why you always choose to sit next to him on variety shows, get overjoyed when y'all are paired as a team, laugh at all his jokes, and stare at him whenever he does anything?"

Jay raised his eyebrows after that last question, arms still crossed. He knew he had won.

Jake opened his mouth to say something, but failed to think of any logical excuse.

"Ok fine, maybe I do like Heeseung-hyung a little bit" Jake slightly pouted as he crossed his own arms.

"No, you don't 'maybe like Heeseung-hyung a little bit,' you're head over fcking heels for him. I can hear you giggling at 'Heeseung being good at everything' compilations on your phone every night. Think I haven't noticed?" Jay grumbled, pulling on a shirt as Jake's eyes widened from being exposed.

"Just tell him you like him."

"Are you crazy? I can't do that. That would ruin our friendship. There's zero chance that hyung likes me back, and even if he did, we can't even be together. We're both guys, and the scandals that would come out would ruin all of our careers." Jake said all at once.

This is what he meant when he said debuting with Heeseung was both a blessing and a curse. He was blessed to have debuted in a group with the person who meant the world to him, but cursed because he could never end up having the relationship he truly wanted with the older.

"What are you guys talking about?" Heeseung suddenly entered the room, causing both younger members to freeze. He had heard the two arguing, and was worried something happened between them.

"H-hyung, when did you get home?" Jake asked cautiously, eyes flickering between Heeseung's gaze.

"Not too long ago, we just finished-"

"Jake likes you. Romantically." Jay deadpanned, causing Jake's mouth to drop in horror. HE DID NOT JUST-

"Oh," Heeseung said, raising his eyebrows in surprise and turning to look at Jake. Before he could fully make eye contact with the younger though, Jake had already bolted out the room.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

why does the picture never appear the first time i publish ㅠㅠ

*ੈ✩‧₊˚