25

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

(a/n: double-post this week!! if you haven't checked out the last chapter yet, make sure to do that before reading this one ^^)

Timeskip: November 5, D-24 until first award show

"Alright! Now that you have your individual parts of the scene nailed down, you'll now be learning the special choreography to the actual song, 'Fever'." the choreographer spoke.

Jake, Heeseung, and both their respective dancers returned to the center of the room, the two members taking a seat as Dancer J and Dancer H began to demonstrate again.

The choreography began with them both lying down horizontally, Dancer H in the front and Dancer J in the back, facing opposite directions.

When the music started, they both sat up, imitating Heeseung's position at the beginning of the original choreography where he starts the song off with his background vocals (a/n: i highly recommend watching their 'Fever' dance practice video as you read throughout this section, since i'll be referring to elements of their original choreography a lot). They made similar gestures and highlighted details from Heeseung's movements in the original choreography, all the way up until his voice in the song went 'give me fever'.

Then, as the choreographer mentioned, the music immediately cut to the first chorus instead of the first verse, and both dancers immediately sprung up from their positions.

너 때문에 온몸이 타올라,
너 때문에 심장이 목말라 

At first, the dance moves for the first chorus were identical to those in the original choreography. However, when they got to the next part, the dancers did something different.

Like a fever, fever, fever, fever! 

Normally, for this part, all members would squat down slightly and trace a line across their bodies, portraying the rapid spread of the 'fever'; they would use their right hands and start from the left wrist, go up to the neck, curve around the head, and finish with both arms out to their left again as their heads did a sensuous roll. 

In contrast, the dancers did a little something like this:

Dancer H positioned himself behind yet slightly to the right side of Dancer J, using his left hand to cover Dancer J's eyes. When the 'like a fever, fever, fever, fever' part played, instead of Dancer J using his own right hand to trace the 'fever' across his body, Dancer H reached his right hand over and acted as if he was Dancer J's right hand.

He traced the 'fever' across Dancer J's body just like in the original choreography, starting from Dancer J's left wrist, touching his neck, curving around his head, and finishing to Dancer J's left with a sensuous head roll. On the other hand, Dancer J himself only moved his legs and left arm with the original choreography, so the overall image not only looked like Dancer H was completing the dance, but it also looked like he was controlling Dancer J, seducing him with his every touch.

To say Jake and Heeseung were impressed would be an understatement. They were completely amazed and captivated by the amount of sync the dancers had to make each movement look fluid, and the creative imagery of the choreography left them in awe.

The rest of the choreography for the first chorus was identical to the original, but this didn't bore the two members. After the first chorus was finished, the song cut right to the bridge, and again the dancers did something special.

Normally, Heeseung was the center for this part, falling backwards onto the members dramatically. But this time, Dancer J was in the center, and Jake and Heeseung watched as the rest of the dancers in the room joined in.

A couple dancers created a small mound for Dancer J to mimic Heeseung's fall in the original choreography. The only difference this time, however, was that Dancer H was already on top of the mound, waiting for Dancer J to fall.

With this, when Dancer J fell, he fell against Dancer H's body. Upon contact, Dancer H's arms snaked around Dancer J's body and slowly roamed across his stomach and chest, giving the image that Dancer J was 'drowning' in the 'fever'. As this happened, the rest of the dancers in the room shot out from behind the mound towards both sides, forming wing-like formations by positioning their arms and bodies at different heights.

The entire group moved fluidly, Dancer J and Dancer H against each other as the rest of the dancers moved their arms to give the illusion of flapping wings. Then, as the bridge was coming to an end, Dancer J reached his arm up, as if in a last attempt to escape the 'fever'. But Dancer H's arm followed, eventually making it to Dancer J's wrist, and right before the beat dropped (the little part that goes 'oh!'), Dancer H pulled Dancer J's arm back down.

Then, the music stopped, and Jake and Heeseung once again snapped out of the daze they were in when the choreographer started clapping.

"Well done everyone!" he said to the dancers, applauding their detailed demonstration before turning to the two members.

"This, essentially, is what your performance will look like. Of course, this portion will take a lot more time to master the sync and timing, but I know you two will do a great job." he said.

With that, he gestured back to Dancer J and Dancer H. "Again, I'd like you two to practice separately with the dancers who played your parts until you have your parts nailed down. Then, once everything looks relatively smooth, we'll have you practice everything altogether with each other to perfect the final product. Does that make sense?"

This time, only Heeseung nodded. While the older was getting up to go join Dancer H at one end of the practice room, Jake sat still for a moment, still taking in all the movements and imagery of the choreography.

Then, after all this time, the task at hand finally dawned on him. He thought back to everything from the acting scene at the very beginning to the last movement right before the beat drop at the very end of the choreography.

Am I really going to be doing all of this with Heeseung-hyung?

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

as i mentioned, this chapter and the last chapter may have been a little confusing, but they're important because they provide context for the upcoming chapters. please be sure to read them thoroughly!!

also, i couldn't get it out by Saturday, but i hope you all enjoyed this week's double-post!! next update will actually also be a double-post, and i plan to have it out by Wednesday!!

and thank you all for 12k reads AND #1 in heejake recently!! i posted about this more in-depth on my profile, but again i am so so grateful for each and every one of you supporting my story ♡♡♡

i love you all so so much, and i'll see you in a couple days!! Happy late New Year's ^^

*ੈ✩‧₊˚