20

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Timeskip: 10:41pm

"AHHH KKAMJAGIYA-" Jake yelled for the 28th time, burying his face into Heeseung's shoulder and clinging to the older's arm like a child.

Heeseung rubbed his right ear. "Jaeyun-ah, if you scream like that one more time I might just go deaf" he said, to which the younger's eyes widened and he quickly retracted from the older's arm and shoulder.

"O-oh, sorry.." Jake apologized quietly, not realizing how jumpy and noisy he had been throughout the entire half (yes, only half since Heeseung had to keep pausing it to console the younger) of the movie. 

The older grabbed the remote and switched off the TV, earning a confused yet relieved look from Jake. 

"I think we can stop here. It's pretty clear horror isn't your thing" Heeseung said, smiling apologetically at the younger.

Jake huffed in offense. "Well, it's not your thing either, hyung. Why did you even want to watch it?? We could've just watched my drama. It's full of action, yet funny and wholesome at the same time" he pouted, still slightly sulking about his idea being ignored earlier.

The older smiled to himself. He actually hadn't wanted to watch horror either, since he himself was afraid of ghosts. Truth be told, the only reason Heeseung had suggested it was because he knew Jake would be all jumpy and clingy. He loved how the younger hid his face behind his shoulder and clung to his arm for protection every time he was scared.

Noticing the smile on Heeseung's face, Jake crossed his arms. "What?" he said, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Heeseung laughed before standing up. "Nothing. Wanna eat ramyeon? All that horror made me hungry."

The annoyed look on the younger's face quickly disappeared as his eyes lit up. He bounced up from the couch excitedly. "Sure!! I'll go-"

The older grabbed a hold of Jake's arm before he could rush off to the kitchen. "I'll cook it this time. You go wash up, it'll be ready by the time you're finished" he interrupted. 

The younger blinked. "What? But-"

"No buts. I'm making the ramyeon, you're going to wash up. Hyung's orders, love" Heeseung said, smirking at that last comment as he pushed Jake towards the bathroom.

"Ok ok, I'm going" the younger pouted again, this time at the fact that the older had just used his hyung-card on him.

Heeseung smiled in satisfaction and turned in the opposite direction to make his way towards the kitchen.

He opened a low cupboard, revealing a broad assortment of different types of ramyeon, and began picking which ones to cook for the night. After a few minutes of squatting down and looking for his and Jake's favorites, though, the older heard footsteps and a voice approach the kitchen.

"..Hyung?" the younger called, which made Heeseung stand up from his position and turn to face Jake's direction.

"What's up, pup?" he asked, looking directly at the younger.

Jake looked back and forth between the older's gaze for a second before looking down at his feet.

"I.. u-uh.." he stuttered, awkwardly shuffling his feet. 

"What?" Heeseung asked, unable to make out what the younger was saying.

"I.. I'm scared" Jake admitted quietly, scratching the back of his nape.

The older blinked. "Scared? Of what?"

The younger looked back up shyly. "T-the movie, I.. I'm afraid to shower alone" he stammered, a blush creeping up on his cheeks in embarrassment.