Finale/Epilogue

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Timeskip: November 29, day of first award show

At long last, it was finally the day of the first award show of the year, and Enhypen was filled to the brim with nervous excitement.

"OH MY GOSH IT'S HAPPENING, IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!! NOBODY FREAK OUT!!!" Ni-ki yelled as he paced around the waiting room, practically jittering from anxiety. The words were more for himself than the other members.

"NOBODY IS FREAKING THE FCK OUT EXCEPT YOU!!" Jay yelled back in annoyance, smacking the back of the maknae's head like an older sibling. Ni-ki yelped, rubbing the sore spot with a pout.

Sunoo was in the corner taking selfies as Sunghoon practiced some last-minute facial expressions in the mirror. Jungwon was practicing his typical leader speech with a staff member, and Heeseung had gone to retrieve their in-ears, leaving Jake to sit alone on one of the waiting room couches.

Despite the bustling activity in the room, Jake was quietly fidgeting with his fingers and trying to do some breathing exercises. He always got nervous before award shows even though he always did his best to prepare for them, and today was no exception.

He went over the performance a gazillion times in his head, following along with tiny body gestures to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. Then, a hand came into his field of vision, holding out his in-ear in its palm.

"Ready?"

Jake looked up to see that Heeseung was the one handing it to him, a glint of excitement in the older's eyes.

He took the in-ear from the older and reached behind his head to put it on. "I don't know, I always get nervous before these things" Jake sighed, and the expression on his face gave it away as well.

A look of empathy crossed Heeseung's face before he took a seat beside the younger, placing his hand on Jake's thigh.

"You said that last year, and last year we did great" the older said, but Jake only nodded distractedly, still looking down at his feet.

Then, Heeseung put his other hand on Jake's chin, turning the younger's face to make eye contact with his.

"Hey, don't worry too much about the details. Just do your best and have fun, everything else will work itself out."

Jake stared back and forth between Heeseung's gaze for a moment, surprised at how confident the older sounded, but then he nodded again, this time fully taking in the older's words of advice.

"Enhypen!! You're on in one minute!!" a staff member called, and the entire room erupted into chaos.

Before Jake and Heeseung stood up, though, the older broke into a smile and held out his fist for a fist bump. "Let's crush it" he said, offering some final words of encouragement to the younger.

Jake smiled back as he lightly bumped his fist with the older's.

"Yeah, let's do this."

And they did. All the unit stages and the group performance went smoothly, and Enhypen ended up taking two awards home that night.