30

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Guys," Jungwon said, his voice in full-on leader-mode. "We need to talk."

Jake and Heeseung froze, eyes wide like a pair of animals in the headlights.

Then, Heeseung (who was still topless from their shower) immediately disappeared to find a shirt, and Jake gulped nervously as he noticed each of the member's serious faces.

When the oldest returned, Jungwon took a deep breath. 

"Heeseung-hyung, Jake-hyung, we... we heard everything" he finally began, and the atmosphere immediately grew heavy.

Jake's eyes began to quiver. "..What?" he asked, but both he and Heeseung knew what their leader was talking about.

"We heard you two fcking last night." Jay said bluntly, crossing his arms with a deadpan expression on his face.

Jake's face turned beet red as Sunghoon pressed his lips together in awkwardness. Ni-ki gave a 'y'all heard that too, right?' kind of look, and Sunoo looked down to fidget with his fingers.

"Hyung," Jungwon said, casting Jay a 'you didn't need to say that' kind of look before turning back to the couple and clearing his throat. "Um.. y-yeah, we.. we heard everything.." he repeated, scratching his nape awkwardly.

Then the leader looked up again with a face that the couple couldn't read. "So.. how long have you guys been... a thing?"

Jake and Heeseung briefly exchanged glances before turning back to look at the members. "U-uh, around.. five months, maybe..?" Jake said quietly, still blushing as he looked down and shuffled his feet.

The rest of the members' mouths dropped.

"FIVE months?? And we didn't know???" Sunghoon said, raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

"I knew" Jay said, but that only earned him a glare from the white-haired male.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sunoo asked the couple, a slightly hurt expression surfacing on his face as Jungwon nodded in agreement. Ni-ki just stared back and forth between everyone in the room.

Noticing Jake's uneasiness, Heeseung finally spoke up. "We've liked each other for a long time, we just didn't know it was romantic attraction until around five months ago." he said calmly.

"We were afraid to tell anyone because we're both guys, and you know how that goes in this industry, let alone this country."

The rest of Enhypen went silent for a moment.

Jungwon took another deep breath before looking at the couple again. "...Does anybody know besides us?" he asked seriously, clearly worried about each of their careers and the future of Enhypen.

Heeseung shook his head. "You guys are the first to know."

Their leader let out a sigh of relief before another silence took place in the room.

Jake's eyes darted nervously across the floor as Heeseung looked back and forth between each of the members for a moment, trying to read their expressions.

Then, Jungwon suddenly started to smile. "Well then.."

He broke into an unexpected applause, clapping his hands together and breaking the silence of the room. "Congratulations, you guys."

All of Enhypen looked at their leader in surprise for a second, but Jay soon followed, clapping his hands with a smirk on his face as if he knew this moment would eventually happen.

Sunghoon and Ni-ki looked at each other with 'is this allowed?' faces before shrugging, smiling, and clapping as well, and the hurt look on Sunoo's face soon upturned into a sweet, happy grin as he joined in.

Jake and Heeseung froze again, stunned at the overwhelmingly positive reaction.

"You.. you guys aren't mad?" Jake asked, cautiously looking back and forth between each of the members again.

Jungwon continued to smile. "Of course not. Love is love. It's not something you can really control, nor is it something that really should be controlled" he said, and the rest of the members nodded in agreement. 

"Plus, it's probably easier to hide dating within a group than it is to hide dating outside a group" their leader laughed, and the rest of the members soon joined in, the atmosphere significantly lighter now.

Slow smiles of gratitude finally began to spread across Jake and Heeseung's faces. They knew they could trust the members with anything, but now they really felt blessed to have the members' support in their relationship, especially as they continued moving forward as Enhypen.

It all felt so surreal, like nothing was in the couple's way anymore. That is, until someone's phone began to ring.

Jungwon looked over at the counter and recognized the mint-green phone case. He picked it up, still smiling in the midst of the group's celebration, but then he noticed the caller ID and his smile quickly disappeared, eyes widening in fear.

"Hyung," he said urgently, handing the phone to its rightful owner. The rest of the members went silent, clearly sensing that something was wrong.

Heeseung took the phone and his eyes widened at the caller ID on his screen as well.

'Chairman Bang Si-hyuk'.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

that's our Yang leader, everyone 

for those of you that don't know, Bang Si-hyuk is the founder and chairman of HYBE, which is the corporation that owns BE:LIFT Lab (the label that Enhypen is under). basically, this means he's the boss of all bosses, which is why Jungwon and Heeseung reacted the way they did lmao

short chapter since there's a lot to unpack in the next one (and it's coming out tomorrow anyways lmao), what do y'all think is gonna happen?? 

*ੈ✩‧₊˚