9

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Oh, u-uh, I was just gonna ask.. do you wanna.. eat ramyeon with me?"

Heeseung's eyes widened as he stared at Jake for a second. He knew the younger liked him, but he didn't know for how long. Even if Jake had liked him for a really long time, the older definitely didn't expect him to be so.. upfront about... it. He thought this was the type of scene that only happened in kdramas.

"Do you.. know what that means?" Heeseung asked cautiously, looking back and forth between Jake's eyes.

The younger looked back down at his feet and fidgeted with his fingers. "I know I've been avoiding you ever since.. you know, that happened, but I promise I won't anymore. There's.. a lot I want to talk about. I-I'll cook the ramyeon, so you don't have to do anything.."

Heeseung blinked, slowly processing what Jake was saying. Then he made an 'o' shape with his mouth. The younger meant actually eating ramyeon, not... that (a/n: for those of y'all that haven't got it yet, the phrase "do you wanna eat ramyeon with me?" in South Korea is like slang for asking to have s*x. It's like saying "do you wanna Netflix and chill?" haha).

The older let out the breath he was holding, making Jake tilt his head in confusion.

"What's wrong, hyung?" he asked innocently, completely oblivious to the innuendo he had just made.

"Hm? Nothing, that sounds great" Heeseung flashed a smile at the younger.

Dam it Heeseung, you got way too ahead of yourself there, he scolded himself.

Jake's eyes lit up. "Okay!! I'll go make some!! I'll call you out when it's ready. With spam or no spam?"

"With spam" the older laughed at the younger's excitement.

Timeskip: 11:37pm

The smell of ramyeon wafted throughout the dorm, luring a hungry Heeseung out from his room. Following his nose, Heeseung walked into the kitchen where he had left Jake earlier.

The younger's back was turned to him, busily slicing spam into bite-sized strips as a pot of ramyeon boiled on the stove beside him. He was wearing a light blue, slightly oversized hoodie with gray sweatpants and had earbuds in both ears, bobbing his head lightly to what Heeseung assumed was probably Justin Bieber. The whole scene looked so familiar, yet so comforting at the same time.

The older then walked right up behind the younger to get a closer look at the food being prepared. "That looks good" he said, leaning his head over Jake's shoulder and startling the younger who hadn't noticed his presence due to the sounds of music and boiling ramyeon. Jake was making one of Heeseung's favorite brands of spicy ramyeon, which made the older smile lovingly. Jake always payed attention to the little things, and Heeseung realized that this was yet another detail he loved about the younger.

"You scared me, hyung" Jake said in surprised Aussie English, making Heeseung laugh. "I'm almost done, just gimme a minute" the younger said, turning back to place the spam in each of their bowls.

The older walked happily over to the table where the younger had already set out their coasters and chopsticks and sat down with a smile. He had truly missed his late night snack sessions with Jake. No one could cook ramyeon like the younger, and they had shared many laughs, worries, and memories together over the food they ate. To the fans, it seemed like just another cute interaction between their favorite idols, earning them the unit name "Ramyeonz". But to the Ramyeonz themselves, it was much more than that. It was what brought the two closer after they had debuted, and it was part of how they formed the strong, inseparable bond they had today.

Soon, Jake joined him at the table, carrying each bowl of ramyeon over one at a time.

"Thank you, Jaeyun-ah" Heeseung smiled gratefully at the younger, who returned his smile as he sat down.

They each took a slurp of ramyeon and looked up at each other with sparkles in their eyes from how good it was. "Mmmm" they both hummed blissfully and giggled at how in sync they were.

"As always, no one can top your ramyeon" the older said in between bites before wiping his mouth with a napkin. Jake smiled sheepishly in response, and they continued enjoying their food in silence for a bit before Heeseung remembered.

"Oh yeah, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" he asked, setting his chopsticks down as he leaned back in his chair.

Jake looked up at the older, finishing the clump of noodles in his mouth before also pausing and leaning back.

"Oh yeah, I uh, just wanted to talk about... us." the younger said, clearing his throat.

Heeseung blinked. What? I thought we were on the same page now. Why does he sound so.. uncertain? He kept these thoughts to himself though and listened attentively, hoping for an explanation.

"So... we.. we both.. like each other, right?" Jake asked, eyes flickering between Heeseung's gaze.

The older blinked again, this time in somewhat disbelief. "Yeah, I thought I said that earlier" he said, wondering why the younger was bringing it up again. He frowned. "Why? Do you not like me anymore?"

A look of panic crossed Jake's eyes. "No no no, that's not it at all. I really really like you hyung, I've liked everything about you since I-Land and I'm so glad we debuted together and I honestly still can't believe that this is happening right now" he said all at once, hoping Heeseung wouldn't misunderstand.

The older blinked a third time, processing everything the younger had said before a smile spread across his lips. He couldn't help it. He found the younger's honesty and panicked puppy eyes adorable.

"Since I-Land, huh? You must really like me then" Heeseung smiled softly, reaching across the table to set his hand on top of Jake's. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to return your feelings."

Jake blushed and looked down at their hands. The older's hand on top of his was warm and comforting, and made all the thoughts circling throughout Jake's head temporarily disappear before Heeseung spoke up again.

"So what's the problem?" the older asked, brushing his thumb across the top of the younger's hand.

Jake looked up with his puppy eyes again. "T-there's no problem, it's just.. what.. what are we now, hyung?" he finally asked, holding his breath.

Heeseung tilted his head in confusion, unsure of what the younger meant. Then he gasped, his mouth hanging open as the realization sank in.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry-I forgot to ask you earlier after Jay interrupted us." He lightly took Jake's other hand and joined it together with their hands that were already on the table. He then locked his large Bambi-like eyes with the younger's, a more serious look crossing his face.

"We both know that we like each other now. And, like I said earlier.. I want us to happen. So... will you be my lover, Jaeyun-ah?"

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

i was gonna post this yesterday but it was late at night and i was really tired.. sorry for those of y'all that were waiting ヾ(_ _*)

just a little heads up, uni work is starting to pile up again ㅠㅠ i have a couple more chapters in my drafts, but after that posting will probably slow down and become more random. i'll try to work on the story whenever i have free time tho!!

in the mean time, i'll try and post updates on where i'm at with the story on my profile, so follow if you want notifications! if you're liking the story so far, don't forget to vote, comment, and add to your reading lists

*ੈ✩‧₊˚