19

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

(a/n: double-post this week!! if you haven't checked out the last chapter yet, make sure to do that before reading this one ^^)

Timeskip: 7:47pm

The members had just finished their mini Chuseok dinner and celebration with each other and were now starting to head out the door to go be with their families, suitcases in hand.

"Bye hyung!! We'll be back soon, I promise!!" Sunoo smiled sweetly as he hugged Jake.

"Bye Sunoo, make sure to bring home some of your jeon so I can try it" Jake smiled in return.

"I'll bring back some Japanese snacks for you too, hyung" Ni-ki said, going in for a bro-hug.

"I'll send pics of Maeum. He'd love to see you again, hyung" Jungwon added, hugging Jake after he pulled away from Ni-ki.

Jake smiled gratefully at the younger members. It was evident how much they loved and cared for him, and he was so blessed to have them in his life.

Meanwhile, Heeseung was bro-hugging Jay and Sunghoon.

"Take care, hyung" Sunghoon grinned, patting the oldest's back before going to join the younger members at the door. 

"Yeah, take care, hyung" Jay repeated, pulling Heeseung in by his arm. Then, he pulled back abruptly. 

"Take care of Jake, too" he said a bit softer, making eye contact with the oldest. 

Heeseung blinked before nodding sincerely. With how much they bickered, the oldest almost forgot that the two were roommates and best friends. 

After a final round of hugs and goodbyes, Heeseung and Jake waved at the members and the door soon shut behind them as they left. 

Then, the couple turned to each other.

"...I guess it's just you and me now, hyung" Jake said, smiling somewhat shyly and awkwardly while scratching the back of his hair.

Heeseung smiled back at him before turning to the kitchen. "Well, you, me, and this giant mess" he laughed.

The younger's eyes followed to where Heeseung was looking before his jaw dropped, causing the older to laugh again. "Come on, let's up clean up together." 

At first, there was an awkward silence between the two. Jake stood at the sink washing dishes, stealing subtle glances at Heeseung who was wiping the table and trashing napkins. The younger looked back down, still feeling guilty for making the older stay home with him.

Hyung could've been having a great time with his family right now, but instead he's stuck cleaning up this mess with me..

Aware of the younger's uneasiness, Heeseung looked up at Jake. He wanted to show the younger that he was happy to be there, but didn't quite know how to break the awkward silence. He thought for a moment before an idea popped in his head.

Jake continued to scrub away at the dishes until a familiar sound began to fill the kitchen.

♪ 아름답고 황홀해..
반짝이는 내 각막은 diamond..