31

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Enhypen sat in silence for a bit as Heeseung disappeared to another room and answered the call.

After a couple minutes, the oldest returned and all eyes turned to him, looking at him concerningly as to why Chairman Bang had called.

But Heeseung's eyes immediately traveled to Jake, a sense of urgency present on his face. "Jaeyun-ah, the chairman wants to see us."

Timeskip: 11:50am

After sitting in silence and tension for what felt like a long car ride, Jake and Heeseung finally made it to the agency building.

Stepping into the elevator, Heeseung noticed Jake fidgeting with his fingers and slightly bouncing up and down in an antsy manner. The younger was practically quaking in fear.

"Hey," Heeseung said, taking Jake's hand in his own as the younger looked up at him with wide, nervous eyes.

"It's gonna be okay" the older said, giving Jake's hand a reassuring squeeze. He knew the younger was probably thinking of the worst possible scenarios right now.

Jake nodded, reciprocating the action, but worry was still very much present in his eyes. After all, the last time they had spoken to the chairman was during I-Land, which also happened to be the first and only time they had ever spoken to the chairman.

When they finally reached the correct floor, Jake and Heeseung saw two incredibly huge doors at the end of the hall, the type that could only belong to someone of the highest authority.

Gradually, they made their way over and saw a small plaque to the side of the doors, confirming that it was, indeed, Chairman Bang Si-hyuk's office.

They both took a deep breath before Heeseung knocked hesitantly.

"Enter," a voice said calmly from the inside. 

Hearts thumping, Jake and Heeseung pushed past the doors.

Upon entering, Chairman Bang looked up at them and set his papers aside, a small smile forming on his face. "Heeseung-ah, Jakeu-yah, how have you been?"

The two members bowed respectfully as they greeted him. "We've been well, sir. How have you been?" Heeseung responded as their bodies straightened up again.

"Good, good" Chairman Bang said, still smiling as he looked at the two. "I've been watching your performances lately, and I must say I am very proud of where Enhypen has come so far."

Then he noticed the pair's tense bodies despite receiving compliments and thanking him, so he decided to cut to the chase. His smile shrunk to a polite business smile.

"Alright, I don't mean to scare you two by suddenly having you come into my office like this, but there is something that I'd like us to talk about" Chairman Bang began.

He motioned for the two members to come forward before holding up something on his phone for them to see.

"Have you two seen this article yet?"