6

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

This wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was ever supposed to happen.

Jake sprinted out of the agency building, wiping his tears as he ignored the looks and whispers from bystanders on the street. He didn't really have a destination he was running to. He would've gone to the Han River, but it was much farther away since he wasn't at home. He decided to just run. Anywhere was better than here.

So he ran and ran, but didn't make it that far since his legs (which were already tired from dance practice) started to become sore, forcing him to stop. By now, the sky had gone dark. Jake was panting heavily and his tears had dried up when he finally started to take in his surroundings. He found himself in front of a small, empty convenience store. Not wanting to go home yet, he decided to go inside.

He roamed the store for a bit before finding himself in the soju isle. Despite being of age, Jake usually didn't drink since he couldn't hold his alcohol well and didn't really like its taste. Occasionally, he would drink a bottle or two of soju when he was feeling really stressed, but he definitely never purchased a full pack of six bottles like he did today.

Thanking the cashier, Jake trudged to an open table outside and slumped down in a chair, numbly popping open his first bottle.

---

"JAEYUN! WAIT!" Heeseung called after the younger, but the latter had kept sprinting. Heeseung ran after him trying to catch up, but by the time he made it out of the agency building, Jake was nowhere to be seen.

He stood still for a moment, looking around desperately and earning weird looks from those passing by. He raked a hand through his pinkish-reddish hair before deciding to keep running, praying that Jake wouldn't do anything to put himself in danger or a news scandal.

After a while, Heeseung's legs began to give out. He had been searching for Jake for about half an hour, yet the younger was nowhere to be found. Jake also hadn't picked up any of the 17 calls Heeseung had made, and the older was starting to panic.

What do I do?? What if something happened to him?? This is all my fault. Where is he?!

Heeseung started to shake from anxiety as he tried to control his breathing. Calm down, Heeseung. Don't panic. You haven't tried everything yet. Try calling for help. With trembling fingers, he pulled out his phone and began to dial the emergency number. Everything's gonna be okay, he told himself as his heart continued to pound. Before he managed to hit the call button, though, he heard soft sniffling in the distance.

Heeseung snapped his head up, eyes wide like a deer in the headlights. He followed the sound quickly, rounding the corner of a convenience store.

When he finally found the younger, the sight in front of him made his jaw drop. Jake was slumped over a table with his head down, and four empty bottles and a fifth half-drunken bottle of soju surrounded him.

"Sim Jaeyun are you CRAZY?! Four and a half bottles of soju?! Do you WANT your liver to shrivel up and decay?!" Heeseung bombarded, immediately walking over to snatch the open bottle away, but Jake didn't respond.

"..Jaeyun?"

Bending down to Jake's level, Heeseung realized the younger had knocked out, probably from all the exhaustion and alcohol. Despite the fact that Jake was extremely drunk though, the older let out a sigh of relief, and his heart rate and breathing began to slow back to normal. At least he's okay, he thought before he began to clear the empty bottles off the table to dispose of them.