5

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

I~ wanna be, wanna be, on my way, I bet
날 가두는 경계선
네 룰 따윈 집어치워
I~ wanna be, wanna I~ way, I bet

The members held their ending position, panting hard and staring down the mirror in front of them. Then, Sunoo burst into a smile and flopped on the floor, spreading his arms and legs like a starfish.

"WE'RE DONE!!!" he shouted in relief, panting as Sunghoon laughed and flopped beside him.

"GREAT WORK EVERYONE!! YOU'VE ALL IMPROVED SO MUCH!!" Ni-ki called, proudly smiling at and high-fiving his hyungs.

"Do we really not have anything else scheduled for today? We just had a day off last week" Jungwon asked, somewhat skeptical.

"Manager-hyung says no. I wouldn't question it. Anyone down to eat Korean barbecue for dinner? I'm starving" Jay said.

"Nah, we had some last week already" Sunghoon answered, and Sunoo and Ni-ki nodded in agreement.

"I'll go with you, Jay-hyung" Jungwon said, feeling bad everyone else said no. The older smiled and put his arm around the younger's shoulder. "I'll pay" Jay said, and the two walked happily out of the practice room.

"I'm starving too" Sunoo said as he sat up.

"Lets eat takoyaki!!" Ni-ki said excitedly, and Sunoo's eyes lit up.

"Yeah!! That sounds so good right now! Hyung, you in?" Sunoo and Ni-ki turned to Sunghoon with expectant eyes.

Sunghoon laughed endearingly at the two younger members. "Sure. But Ni-ki's paying!!" He bolted upright and zoomed out of the practice room, Sunoo laughing and following close behind.

"HEY!! NO FAIR!!!" Ni-ki yelled, chasing after his two hyungs.

It all happened so fast, leaving Jake alone in the practice room with Heeseung. Conscious of the older's presence, the younger rushed to pack his things. After Jake had slightly lashed out earlier, Heeseung's expression had gone icy cold. Terrified of facing the older, Jake quickly made his way to the door, but Heeseung intercepted him. He grabbed Jake's arm, causing the younger to gasp.

"Hyu-"

"Come here." Heeseung interrupted coldly, pulling Jake out of the room and down the hall. When they finally reached a solo private practice room, the older pushed Jake inside and locked the door. Before the younger had time to react, he roughly grabbed Jake's sleeve and pulled it up, revealing a large bruise from when the younger had fallen earlier.

"Look. You're hurt, Jaeyun. If you had let me see it earlier, it wouldn't have gotten this bad." Heeseung said harshly as he clutched Jake's arm tightly.

The younger winced at the older's sharp tone, unable to look Heeseung in the eyes. He had never experienced this side of Heeseung before, and quite frankly, it was terrifying. Jake's heart pounded nervously as he tried to formulate his words.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Heeseung's tone grew louder as he craned his neck, trying to look into the younger's eyes.

"I, I'm not" Jake stuttered, still not making eye contact. He fumbled for the lock behind him, but Heeseung noticed and quickly grabbed both of his wrists, pinning them to the door and causing the younger to yelp in alarm.

"We agreed not to distance ourselves. Why are you avoiding me?" Heeseung asked again, tightening his grip. This time, Jake looked up to meet his hyung's gaze. He couldn't take it anymore. Heeseung was scaring the life out of him, and his wrists hurt from the older's iron grip.

"PLEASE!" his voice cracked as tears began to fall from his eyes. Heeseung's eyes widened as the younger racked his body for air underneath him. "Please.. don't do this to me hyung." Jake said, barely audible as he dropped his head again and tears continued to flood from his eyes. Please don't make this harder for me than it already is, he wanted to say. Please don't give me false hope, he wanted to say, but he was too busy trying to control his breathing.

Heeseung blinked, as if he had just been snapped out of a trance. "Jaeyun.." he said, loosening his grip, immediately regretting the way he acted. He didn't know what came over him, but he definitely hadn't meant to make the younger cry. "I'm so sor-"

Before Heeseung could finish, Jake took his chance and shoved the older away. With shaky hands, he unlocked the door and sprinted out of the room, roughly wiping his tears away as he sobbed.

This wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was ever supposed to happen.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

short but necessary chapter~ ٩( ᐛ )و

the plot is thickening, but peep jaywon and sunsunki hehe

*ੈ✩‧₊˚