+sixteen+

Ashley found her curled up into a ball on a park bench.

She sighed, "You're lucky I decided to jog down this part of the park."

Maia sniffled.

Ashley sat down next to her. "What's up?"

"It's Oliver," Maia admitted, "He's mad at me. I don't even know why."

Ashley raised her eyebrows, "Let me guess. It had something to do with Logan."

Maia blinked, "Yes but...how did you know?"

Ashley sighed, "Tell me something. Why do you think Oliver has never had a girlfriend before?"

"Because he's never found anyone he really wants to be with." Maia said.

"And that's where you're wrong," Ashley told her. "He hasn't had a girlfriend because he has found someone he really wants to be with."

Maia blinked, "You're wrong. He'd never keep anything like that from me."

Ashley groaned, "Then why was he so mean to Logan?"

"We're best friends," Maia said, "He was afraid Logan would take his place."

"Really? Is that what he told you?"

"Well, no." Maia admitted, "But it was obvious. Why else would he be so mean to Logan?"

"Because he likes you, dammit! Honestly, why are all my friends such dimwits when it comes to love? This is the second time I've had to do this. What am I, your relationship guru?"

"Oliver likes me?"

"Well don't look so surprised." Ashley muttered.

"No, no, Ash, this can't happen. You have to make him stop." Maia was pacing now.

Ashley looked surprised, "Why would you want him to stop loving you? Do I really have to give the 'love is magical' lecture again? Honestly, I might as well just start walking around in a pink tutu."

Maia just shook her head, "If Oliver likes me, it'll ruin everything. This always happens when two best friends fall in love with each other. They break apart, the boy becomes a player and the girl becomes friendless."

Ashley snorted, "First of all, you'd never be friendless. And second, you've been reading way too much Wattpad."

Maia ignored her, "No, we have to pretend this never happened."

Ashley made a noise of disbelief, "You're going to ignore him, aren't you? What is it with you people ignoring your potential boyfriends?"

"Okay, first of all, he's not my potential boyfriend. He knows that, and he just has to get over it. Doesn't matter if he feels otherwise. It doesn't matter if I feel otherwise."

HAHA THAT ENDING.