+nineteen+

Thankfully, she didn't have any classes with anyone except Trevor and Isobel.

And they kept their distance.

She could feel their gazes at the back of her head, though.

She shouldn't have lost it back in the cafeteria.

It had been a brief moment when she had seen red, thrown a tantrum and walked away.

She shouldn't burden people with her problems.

She sighed in relief as the last bell rang.

She was the first one out of class.

Someone grabbed her hand from behind, and she turned to find Ashley looking at her a little awkwardly.

"Were you waiting outside this whole time?" Maia asked, grinning.

Ashley looked relieved, "Oh, thank God. Does that mean I don't have to apologize?"

Maia snorted. Typical.

"Oh, no. This is something I'd love to hear."

Ashley groaned, "I'm sorry," She pushed out.

It was obviously paining her to say it.

She leaned against the locker, gleeful.

"For what, Ashley?" She asked innocently.

Ashley glared at her, "For being insensitive and having no filter."

Maia grinned, "Marcus told you to say that, didn't he?"

"That's besides the point." Ashley grumbled, "I hurt your feelings. You're my best friend, and I don't want to lose you. I was finally changing, you know? Now it feels like I'm the same person I was before, the one who lived off other people's misery because she wanted them to be as miserable as she was."

Maia blinked at her, "Okay, that was obviously not rehearsed. And where did this come from, Ash? Of course you don't live off people's misery."

Ashley sighed, "I sure hope not."

"Why is your life so miserable, anyway?"

"It was miserable." Ashley said, "Because I was alone."

+READ ME+

Hey guys! So I didn't go to work today (yippee!) because I was feeling sick. But that's not what I wanted to say. I'm going on vacation, finally! And I won't be bringing my laptop (sob). But hold your horses, I shall hijack my mother's ipad and update whenever I can. No, updates will not be as frequent as they are now, and I'm sorry.

On the bright side, I'm going to UK and USA so maybe I'll meet some of y'all, heh.