Chapter - 36 Admiring

Lily Jenkins

I was a nosy person. I shouldn't have asked so many questions.

He didn't return to the room for a long time. It made me worry. But I made myself lay there. He needed space.

When he finally walked into the room, I had almost fallen asleep. He quietly slipped into the bed and wrapped his hand around my neck, pulling me to his side.

He whispered something in Italian. Something which sounded so soft it made me melt. Soon, I fell asleep.

. . .

When I woke I could feel the yacht moving. We were going somewhere. I sat up and Dante, almost instantly, pulled me back down.

He snuggled into me. "We're going to my mansion," he whispered, knowing what I was about to ask. "It's ready."

"You have a mansion here?"

He opened his one sparkling, green eye. "Don't tell me you thought I lived in a yacht, Blue. That is disrespect."

"In my defense, this is a very nice yacht."

He hummed and then slowly got out of bed. "Freshen up," he murmured. "Or you can do it at the mansion. Do you want coffee?"

I nodded. "Yes, please."

. . .

He helped me down the yacht. I set my feet on the dock and looked at the large mansion. It was the only thing on the island.

I stared. The walls were a pretty shade of yellow and the roofs a dark shade of blue. Countless windows gleamed golden in the sunlight, and flowers swayed in the front yard. The fountain was large, forming a rainbow. A massive staircase led up to the mansion, gradually narrowing. An enormous area around the mansion was plain with nothing but short cut grass and then, there was a large layer of trees.

"This is yours?"

"Si."

How rich was this man?

Pietro's mansion was nothing in front of this majestic building. Every inch of it looked too expensive to touch.

It was so utterly beautiful.

"Let's get inside," he said. "I need to make you breakfast."

I wordlessly let him pull me to the mansion. We climbed the staircase.

"There is staff," he said. "I don't want them to be here constantly. There are guards." I looked at the men surrounding the mansion, large guns in their hands. None of them glanced at us.  "The staff lives there," he nodded towards a small building near the mansion. "The whole Island is as safe as a place can be."

We reached the large doors of the mansion. One of the guards pushed them open and I held in a gasp.

A vintage-looking chandelier hung from the ceiling. Two staircases were on either side of the large hall, intertwining at the first floor and then moving upwards - shaped like DNA. The carpet was a dark shade of red, and it felt soft under my shoes.

The walls were plain, covered with heavy curtains.

"That's the master bedroom."

He led me into one of the million hallways, opened the first door, and held it open for me.

I stepped inside.

It was beautiful.

It was dissolved in soft golden darkness. The curtains hid one whole wall, blocking the sunlight. The bed was large, its sheets black and glistening. Two chairs were set by the window with a table in between. There were three doors on the left. The walls were bare and eggshell white.

"This is beautiful."

He was quiet as he closed the door.

He walked to where the chairs were and pulled open the curtains. I had expected there to be a window, but it was a wall containing bottles and...books.

The exact books we had bought.

He turned. "I thought you'd want them here."

"They all burnt."

"I bought more." He raised one shoulder in a shrug. He reached for one bottle, reading its label. He set it down on the table and reached for two glasses.

"Come on, Little Blue." He glanced at me. "Sit with me."

I walked to where he was and sat down on one of the ridiculously comfortable chairs.

He poured me a drink and then poured himself some. He settled on the chair, watching me with hooded eyes as he sipped his wine.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I sipped the wine.

"I'm admiring you, Blue. Am I not allowed that?" He questioned softly.

"You are," I said.

"Good girl."

Fucking hell-

I gulped down my wine. He smirked, sipping his slowly.

I leaned back in the chair, pulling my legs under me. I set my head on the armrest, looking at him.

He smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm admiring you," I said. "Am I not allowed that?"

He chuckled. I smiled.

"You'll be the death of me, Blue."

. . .

why are these two so cute