Chapter - 41 Eyes

. . .
DANTE

I watched her as she stood by the railing, her hair fluttering with her white dress. Her head was bowed, and a book was in her hands. I didn't know where she got the book from; she had not taken any of the ones I had bought for her.

I leaned back in the seat of my car, letting out a relaxed sigh. It was early in the morning, and I had failed at trying to keep myself away from her.

Her very existence was an ache I was constantly, painfully aware of.

She disappeared after a while, and the panic returned. I turned the car away from the port and drove myself back to the hotel, nodding at the bodyguards who I had sent to keep an eye on her. Elliot had been an asshole about them, but with the Creeds being here, I didn't want to take any chances. I knew them and what they were capable of, just like they knew what I was capable of.

I walked inside the hotel, and just then, Carlina stepped out of the lift, a gentle, fake smile rising on her lips as soon as she saw me. I felt good about my decision when I first saw her. She had looked pleasant. Now, after looking at Blue for mere minutes, I found her as undesirable as a fucking table.

"Hello," she said softly. Her two bodyguards followed her. "W-would you like to join me for breakfast, Mr. Val- Dante?" She asked me as she was supposed to.

"No," I muttered. "I already ate. Excuse me." I walked past her, fists clenching. If only Pietro had claimed Blue as his legitimate daughter. The fucking bastard was dead, and I felt like bashing his head against something.
I went to my room and spent the day there until it was time for the first fight. It was between some Russian guy, who was supposedly undefeated, and Cassian Testa. I was eager to see Cassian get beaten up, even though I knew he wouldn't get killed.

I went to the fight with Carlina on my arm. She stood close to me, eyeing everything with caution and fear. We sat with Luca and his other two brothers, Abramo and Franco, who were twins.

Carlina sat down beside me. I watched as Luca glanced at her, his eyes lingering a little too much for it to be civil. "Hello," he said, his voice gentle. I frowned. Giovanni glanced at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You want to fuck my brother's bride?"

Luca smirked, sipping his whiskey. "I doubt your brother can fuck his bride, Gio, not unless she suddenly starts stirring up trouble."

I shook my head. Carlina squirmed beside me, glancing down at her hands. She picked at the skin around her engagement ring-not the one I had bought the first time. This one was picked up by my secretary, and I didn't see it till I had to slip it on Carlina's finger.

"Keep your eyes off her," I muttered, grabbing a glass filled with scotch.

Luca hummed but glanced at her again.

I shook my head. He could fuck her as long as he didn't get her pregnant. But I doubted she would let him touch her, she was brought up with ancient values about what was expected of a woman when she became a wife.

Blue would lose it if she knew what those values were. I could almost imagine her eyes lighting up with fire.

"Do you want something to drink?" Luca asked her. She looked at him, her eyes wide, and nodded hesitantly. He handed her a glass of wine.

Giovanni looked at me. "You're going to let this happen?"

I chuckled. "I don't care." I sipped my scotch. I felt her stiffen beside me.

"I'd kill Luca if he looked at Leyla like that. I almost did kill him."

"She asked me for pictures," Luca said smugly.

"Shut the fuck up," Giovanni spat.

I shook my head and focused on the fight. Cassian had entered the cage and was standing still, watching his opponent. The Russian was one of Alexi's fighters. I had not bet on anyone. Luca and Giovanni had.

The fight started, and Cassian charged. His show of calmness before the fight had shown that he'd be on defense, but he knocked the Russian down instantly. His hand slammed into the man's nose. Blood spewed out, and Cassian laughed, moving off the man.

His foot slammed on the man's ribs, and the crack was somehow audible through the cheering. Before the next kick could land, the Russian moved and tried to knock Cassian off his feat, but Cassian was again fast and managed to move away.

Cassian, smirking, allowed the Russian to get back on his feat. Then it was a blur of punches and kicks. The Russian managed to land a few hits before he was once again knocked down, this time with Cassian straddling him. Cassian grabbed the man's head, and his thumbs pressed into the Russian's eyes. He dug his thumbs deep, and the large man twitched and fought blindly. But Cassian's grip was steel. He laughed as blood spewed out of where the Russian's eyes were just a minute ago. He moved off the man.

The Russian was still alive. He was screaming, his hands clutching his head. Cassian slowly walked around him like a vulture, dropping kicks. He let the man die on his own, slowly and painfully.
I finished my drink.

"That was boring," my brother muttered.

I nodded in agreement. It was no fun to watch a fight where the opponents were unevenly matched.

I looked away from the cage, and my eyes fell on him.

Samuel Creed smiled at me.

And just like that, I knew what he had in mind.

I smirked. Now, things were starting to get interesting.

. . .