Chapter - 47 Wildfire

I sink into your eyes whenever I'm looking at you

- Franz Kafka

^^ this one got me twirling my hair and shi-

. . .

LILY

Too soon, I was in a car beside Dante, driving to the hotel he was staying at, leaving my mothers at their hotel.

I didn't look at him. I couldn't. My heart was beating fast, almost ripping out of my chest. The thought of Henry hating me made my soul fill with dread.

He was the only one I had. The only one who knew everything. The only constant.

But the devil sitting beside me, driving smoothly, didn't care.

"How long do you plan to sulk, Blue?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, digging into my flesh, to keep the tears at bay. "Why do you care?" I asked, my voice wavering. "You got me as your whore again."

He glanced at me, once, but my head was ducked.

"I care," he said. "I happen to like your fire, Blue."

"It will be gone with Sebastian."

"I'll bring it back."

I gritted my teeth but didn't say anything in return for a while.

And then I opened my mouth. "He'll hate me." I hated, absolutely hated how small my voice sounded. "He'll hate me forever. And then I'll have no one...no one but you. Is that your plan? You want to isolate me?"

He was quiet for a while. "I do want you to myself, Little Blue. But not at the expense of your tears. If I could isolate you, engrave myself so deep in you that you only thought of me, I would. But that's not what you'd ever like, so I'd never do that."

"If you care so much about what I like," I said, voice shaking. "Please don't hurt Sebastian."

He didn't speak for the rest of the drive.

Soon enough we neared a building that looked to be made of money. We walked into the elevator and Dante pressed the button for the top floor.

"I bought a penthouse," he said. "Hotel is too unsafe for you."

"You bought a penthouse for me?"

"Si."

The elevator slid open. The penthouse was beautiful. It looked like it was just about to be photographed for some magazine. Everything was of shades of grey and black. The lights were golden and white, hanging from the ceiling like raindrops.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

I stayed quiet and then gave him one nod, not looking at him.

"Your bags will be here soon."

"Henry has Teddy Baby."

"I'll get someone to bring him here."

I gave him another nod, my back still turned towards him. I occupied my eyes with the paintings on the wall, all dark and beautiful.

I felt him coming near me, even though I didn't hear his footsteps. He loomed over me from behind, and then his arm wrapped around my waist, tugging me to his chest. His warmth embraced me. It tempted me. Safe, my heart whispered. And my mind quietened.

He tilted his head down so that his lips pressed against my ear. "I do not appreciate your ignoring me, amore."

I stayed quiet.

"So, you're not going to say a word, hm?"

I, again, stayed quiet.

He sighed, his breath hitting the sensitive skin of my neck.

His hand cupped me through my dress. I gasped, lifting myself on my toes as I felt myself throb at his rough touch.

His lips pressed to my neck.

His fingers tightened and I whimpered, grabbing his wrist. "Dante-"

"Stop me."

"Please-" He put pressure on my clit and I melted. "Please - don't kill Seb-"

"I don't want to hear another man's name coming out of your fucking mouth, especially when I've got my hand on your cunt." He squeezed harshly. I whimpered in pain. "This belongs to me.  Is that fucking clear?"

"You're being me-" I frowned. Was assuring him going to make him feel less.... murderous? "Y-Yes, Dante."

He was still for a while. "You don't mean it. Saying what you think I want to hear is not going to make me show mercy, Little Blue."

I sniffled as he let go of me and turned me around, wrapping a hand around my neck and pinning me to the nearest wall.

He glared down at me. "Why did you agree?"

"I didn't think you'd care. I needed help...I was going to go insane on that ship, a-all alone."

He took a deep breath. "I know a thing or two about being alone," he said. "You could have talked to me."

"Thought you were busy with Carlina."

He leaned closer, fingers tightening around my neck. "Carlina doesn't mean shit to me. The traditionalists needed to be dealt with after my brothers announced their engagement to Leyla. I was going to marry Carlina to shut them up."

"And now?"

"Now, I will shut them up in a different way."

I took in a shaky breath, the pain in my heart lessening. "You never..."

"I haven't touched anyone since I saw you in the graveyard, looking seconds away from spitting on your father's grave."

"I did spit on it."

"Why am I not surprised?" Familiar warmth entered his eyes, and a gentle smile lifted his perfect lips. "Be mine, Blue."

"Don't kill him."

Warmth disappeared and the monster was back. The forest green of his eyes turned into a wildfire. His hand tightened till I gasped for breath. "Don't fucking think about him."

I gulped. "I am n-not gonna be yours till you promise you won't hurt him."

His lips brushed mine. I closed my eyes. "Stop begging for him."

"I won't."

He ripped himself away from me and I touched my neck, instantly missing his hand.

He ran a hand through his hair. "If you think this is working, you're wrong."

"I won't forgive you."

"You will. With time."

"I think I know myself better than you "

His eyes narrowed. "I will be back for dinner."

"I don't care," I forced out.

He smirked and then walked away. "Your books are here. Have fun."

. . .