[62]

**this chapter is dedicated to my best friend @Silent_Warrior because she's the most amazing friend to have and deserves all the happiness in the world, so if you guys haven't checked out her story you should go do that, and send some love her way while you're there!**

--

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were all spent in the studio and working. our common goal was for the EP to be all ready to go by the time I left New York. we'd chosen the songs to be on it: Can't Blame a Girl For Trying, The Middle of Starting Over, White Flag, Best Thing I Got, Eyes Wide Open and We'll Be The Stars. on Tuesday we had a photoshoot for the album, on Wednesday we chose from the pictures and by Thursday evening I'd signed 200 copies of the album cover photo for the fan shop on my website.

"the sharpie ran out," I said for the second time that evening. "and so has my energy."

Demi was currently being driven to the airport by Max to pick Naya up. Naya was back from her family holiday in Greece, and we were going back to LA that weekend.

Jaycee tossed me another pen, and I slid the signed photo back to her. I grabbed another one and scribbled my signature on it, writing "I love you!" underneath it, then I slid it over and grabbed another one. my hand was bound to be cramped by the morning.

"thought about performance dates?" Jaycee asked.

Demi and I had an argument about it on Tuesday night when I showed her all the dates and told her that I wanted to do all of them. I explained what had happened to Jaycee.

when I had finished, Jaycee nodded thoughtfully, saying, "I understand where both of you are coming from. while Demi wants you to perform because she knows you love it, she's worried for your health, physically and mentally. and you don't see a problem with performing all the dates, and you think you'll be fine."

"yeah," I said. "Demi's more concerned than usual because I was so tired on Sunday. but I swear it was because of all the meetings plus being at Taylor's, and I'll be fine. the dates stretch out for, like, a month or so. it'll be like a little promo tour."

"what's the verdict, then?"

"Demi said to ask you for advice 'cos you know what you're doing."

"I see." Jaycee neatened up the pile of signed photos. "well, let's see. you have a list of places you definitely want to perform at, don't you?"

"yeah," I said, finishing a signature then reaching for my phone. "I have it in my notes app."

"let's have a look." Jaycee studied the list. "that's a good amount. in fact, even if you just do these and nothing else, it'd be good enough. that's way past the minimum."

I stared at her. "but I want to do more! it was so hard to narrow it done to these."

"and Demi says these are okay?"

"yeah."

"okay," Jaycee said, pulling up a document on her laptop. "let me mark those you want to do. Wango Tango, for sure?"

"yes, please." Wango Tango was a good event to perform at since there were going to be so many people and it was great for introducing myself to new fans that hadn't heard of my music. and, the girls were going to be there, but that totally wasn't why I picked it at all. trust me.

Jaycee put a little star by each date, then I pointed out a few more that I wanted to do. and I was sticking to the number Demi had said was the maximum, so that was good. I didn't want to get in trouble with anyone.