[67]

Lea's POV

crap.

I'd been in the bathroom for fifteen minutes before realizing that the girls were probably waiting for the suncream and water. god, I didn't want it to be my fault that the girls got burnt and dehydrated. sniffling, I used some of the toilet paper to wipe my eyes. then I pulled out my phone from my back pocket to use the front camera to sort myself out in case there someone else came into the bathroom while I was using the mirror. wincing, I saw that the girls had texted me several times asking where I was and if I was okay. I typed a message quickly to the group chat before I opened the camera app to check my makeup.

Lea: guys I'm so sorry, I got period cramps had to detour to the bathroom and now I feel really bad
Ally: omg lea!!
Ally: I'm so glad you're okay! we were so worried! where are you now?
Normani: where are you? do you want me to come?
Lea: no no please don't come, I'm okay, I think i have to call demi to pick me up, I really don't feel good
Lea: are Camila and Lauren feeling better?

I had to check if they were still in the dressing room. my stuff was all in there, and I didn't want to see either of them now.

Camila: we're much better now, we're going to head back out. do you want us to come to you?

I snorted. of course they were feeling better, weren't they?

Lea: no please don't worry, but take water and suncream and the girls' snapbacks to them please
Lea: I was supposed to get them but couldn't I'm really sorry
Dinah: don't worry about it Lea as long as ur feeling ok
Camila: ok we will
Lauren: does that mean we won't see you until next time?

I felt my throat clenching as I read Lauren's name over and over again on the screen, before angrily hitting each key to type out a reply that would hopefully mask my emotions.

Lea: yeah, I guess so.

then, I sighed and added:

Lea: :((
Ally: awww, we're going to miss you, Lea.
Lea: I'll miss you guys too. maybe we can facetime soon?

Normani: definitely. don't worry about that now though. have you called demi?
Lea: not yet but I will soon I just need to clean up
Camila: get well soon sunshine, we love you
Camila: we're heading out now
Dinah: ok we're at the same place

after texting them thank you for understanding and apologizing for making the girls wait for the things I wasn't even bringing, I texted Demi.

Lea: demi
Lea: demi
Lea: demi please get me out of here
Demi: on my way. what happened baby girl?
Lea: I'll tell you later please just hurry
Demi: I love you. stay safe

listening carefully for anyone in the bathroom, I slowly unlocked the cubicle door and went straight to the sinks, scrubbing my face completely free of makeup. once all of it was gone and the messy mascara trails were nowhere to be seen, I dried my face with a paper towel from the dispenser and tried to think of an excuse for my red eyes. hopefully I wouldn't bump into anyone on the way to the dressing room or on the way out of the building.

thankfully, the dressing room was empty. I had to dig through the pile of the girls' bags to get to mine, since we had all tossed our things together earlier. I tried to ignore Lauren's bag as I pushed it aside, then grabbed my things.

Demi: I'm here, the same place where I dropped you off this morning
Lea: I'm coming

I closed the door behind me as I began to run to the back entrance of the building. there weren't many people around the building except for a few disinterested crew members, so I didn't have to answer to anyone. I found the way out pretty easily, and spotted Demi's car parked neatly near the exit. I hurried down the steps, clutching my bag tightly, and ran to the passenger side of the car. when I saw Demi's face etched with worry as she unlocked the car for me to get it, I started crying again. I slid into the passenger seat, shutting the door behind me, and Demi leaned over to give me a hug. she held me tight as I sobbed into her shoulder, gasping noisily for air. she rubbed firm circles onto my back and whispered "shhh"s over and over again, using her other hand to pet my hair.