[7]

A week later, I found myself backstage again and this time it was for the 4 chair challenge.

Paulina and Kelly were all done sorting out their teams. Jessi, Saskia, Tobias, and Sephy had all gone before me which made me the last one. And I was very, very, nervous. I mean, yes, Demi had helped me prepare after my breakdown episode but she had also told me that on this show, even as a judge, you can't really prepare for anything. And she was right.

The same lady from the audition rushed up to hand me a microphone. "Everything is set, and you can go out onto the stage now, alright? Good luck, Lea."

I thanked her and put a big smile on my face and strode out onto the stage with as much confidence as possible. The quiet, small backstage wing I was in suddenly became a huge room with high ceilings and the roaring audience. I looked out at the four chairs on the end of each catwalk. They were all full. I looked out at the judges again. Kelly looked mildly upset, which was reasonable since she had just let Millie go home. Paulina was looking excited, as always, Simon was looking at his papers and Demi was smiling so big I could see all her ridiculously straight teeth.

"Hello, Lea," Simon leaned towards his microphone and greeted me.

"Hi."

"What are you singing?"

"Thank You For The Music, by ABBA," I said and the audience yelled in approval.

Simon smiled a little. "You like old songs, don't you?"

"I like to mix old and new," I told him honestly.

"Good. Whenever you're ready."

Here goes nothing.

------

"That was Thank You For The Music sung by Lea Rochelle Deyes!!!" Mario announced as he strode up the steps and stood next to me. "Mentors, comments? Let's start over here with Paulina. What did you think?"

"Oh, Lea. Your voice continues to fascinate me- when you have a long note, you always hit it, your voice is as sharp as scissors! But when you have a soft part in the song, your voice turns soft. I enjoyed it a lot. Very good."

"Thank you," I whispered into the microphone.

"Thank you, Paulina. Kelly?"

"I agree with Paulina. Your voice is able to adapt to the situation and that long note in the climax of the song was at the exact right time, and then you hit that note -" her voice dropped into a whisper. "Wow. Amazing. I loved it."

"Thank you so much," I smiled.

"Okay, we have time for a quick comment from Simon?"

"Lea-" he tapped his pen on the table. "Your voice is one of the most unique ones on this show. That is all I have to say."

The audience roared in agreement.

"Okay, Demi - I know this is going to be very difficult, but you have to choose. Will you send Lea home, or will she stay?" Mario placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

Demi bit her lip.

"I," she started. "I'm going to keep Lea."

The audience yelled with approval and tears streamed down my cheeks in gratefulness.

I made it to the live shows!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS DINAH JANE JUST FOLLOWED ME 25MINUTES AGO I CAMRNJDCIJNADIOM

Team Paulina: Marie, Joseph, Ellie, Chloe
Team Kelly: Callum, Jennifer, Brooke, David
Team Demi: Lea, Saskia, Sephy, Tobias

Next update: Friday-Sunday
#nowplaying: Yours Truly - Ariana Grande

xoxo