[16]

once we had moved back to Demi's place, it was back to work.

and one of my (informal) assignments was to follow Demi to Glee filming.

"okay, so, I need you to, uh, wait.."

Demi rushed up and down the kitchen, swearing under her breath.

"I'm gonna be late, gonna be late..."

"the car keys are here," I reached over to the kitchen table and grabbed the keys from under a stack of paper.

"you're a lifesaver," Demi breathed out in relief and hauled her black leather bag onto her left shoulder. "c'mon, let's go, baby." she practically ran out the door.

my heart still smiled everytime she called my "baby". with a smile on my face, I grabbed my bag and my phone, and followed Demi out the door.

------

"Lea, this is Ryan Murphy," Demi introduced.

I just kind of stood there, starstruck, wildly fangirling inside.

"she watches Glee," Demi filled in for me. "it's a starstruck scenario."

Ryan smiled. "thank you, Lea. you were awesome on The X Factor, by the way."

"thank you," I managed to say. "I'm a huge fan of the show."

"that's good to know! do you want to sit by here and watch Demi on the set?"

Demi squeezed my shoulder and left to go get makeup done.

I sat on a chair and went on my phone for a while. "is it okay if I take a picture of the set?" I asked Ryan.

"sure," he said. "just the general area, yeah?"

I took a wide angle photo of the set. we were filming the loft scenes today, where Rachel and Santana are fighting while Kurt, Dani and Elliot return home.

@MsLeaRochelle: guess what @ddlovato and I are doing today... pic.twitter.com/926KSVlpav7Bm

@sephyxoxo: @MsLeaRochelle OMG SO JEALOUS

@asdfghjklovato_: @MsLeaRochelle are you gonna be on glee omfgg

I looked up when Demi came out, followed by Chris Colfer. as the directors and producers got ready to film, I curled up in my chair.

this was gonna be fun.

------

when we took a break, Demi excitedly pulled me over to the cast.

"Lea, Naya. Naya, Lea. Lea, Lea. vice versa. Lea, Chris. Chris, Le-"

"we get the picture," I told her gently to calm her nerves.

"hi!" Lea hugged me. "your name and my name - they have a strange relationship."

I gave the rest of the cast hugs one by one.

"Demi's great on set," Lea told me. "and you were great on The X Factor."

"you watched it?" Demi and I asked almost at the same time.

"heck yes," Chris almost looked shocked. "duh."

"LEA! CHRIS!" the director called. "we're filming your scenes now. Naya and Demi, you can take a break."

we sat on plastic chairs and watched as Lea curled up on the sofa and Chris was told where to walk and which angle to face.

"is filming fun?" I asked.

"sometimes," Naya said, watching Chris. "it can get pretty stressful, but it's great otherwise."

"yeah," Demi said. "the costuming part stresses me out sometimes, but I've always loved acting."

there was a slight pause before Demi got up. "I'm going to get water... anyone want a bottle?"

"me, please," Naya smiled.

"Lea?"

"yeah, sure."

as Demi went water-hunting, Naya turned to me. "you were amazing on The X Factor. we all loved you! you did a really good job."

"thank you," I replied.

"I guess singing onstage is a bit like acting, you know? it's always fun and rewarding at the end, but there's always certain pressures- working, making sure not to overwork, looking good..." Naya trailed off. 

Demi came back with three bottles of water. she handed one to me and one to Naya before sitting down and opening hers up.

"oh, by the way, Naya, Demi, really good job today," the director said as he rushed past.

"thanks!" they both called back.

"you're really good at acting," Naya said to Demi.

"thank you," Demi smiled. "you are too."

as Demi looked away and pretended to check her phone, I could see a red flush in her cheeks - presumably because she had been hurrying back and forth to get water.

or was it something else...?

---------------------------------------

A/N:

I feel like my writing is getting progeressively worse and I am so sorry.

but on another note: what's happening to Demi & Naya???

xoxo