[17]

Demi and I were sat in the kitchen at 9am in the morning, me on twitter (on her phone) and her typing emails to her manager and label.

"what are we doing today?" I asked, absentmindedly scrolling through my timeline.

"nothing, actually," Demi's eyes never left the screen. "I have things to do for the Neon Lights Tour, but you can go out if you want."

"you're not coming along?"

"sorry Lea, I have to work."

I pouted a bit. "just don't overwork, okay?"

Demi smiled as she leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I promise, baby girl."

I returned to my twitter scrolling. suddenly, I recieved a DM from Camila.

camilacabello97: HEY LEA WE WERE WONDERING IF YOU WANNA HANG OUT TODAY COS WE'RE ALL IN LA PLS RESPOND DONT GO BREAKIN MY HEART <3

I muffled my scream with my hand. Demi looked up, concerned.

"CAMILA ASKED ME TO HANG OUT!!!" I said exictedly.

Demi lit up as she smiled one of her wonderful smiles. "are you going to, baby?"

"can I?"

"of course. it'll be better than doing nothing all day."

MsLeaRochelle: yes please!! where?

camilacabello97: 11.30am starbucks in westfield? also we're freaking out & normani is fangirling a lot

ignore that i wasn't supposed to tell you

MsLeaRochelle: sure! I'll see you there. =]

i'm freaking out too it's ok

"DEMIIIIII!" I hopped off my chair and started jumping around. "I'm going out with FIFTH HARMONYYYY"

Demi slid off her chair laughing and jumped around with me. "YAYYYY!!!"

after a solid minute of bouncing around, Demi took my hand and pulled me to our room. "now get dressed. where are you going?"

"Westfield," I told her. "at 11.30am."

Demi ran her fingers through her hair. "I'll drive you there. now c'mon, get dressed."

I put on a black skater skirt, a white crop top and the black Doc Martens that Demi bought for me after I won the X Factor. After putting my (now half-working) phone and money into a small purse, I ran down the stairs.

"your curfew is 8pm," Demi told me as we climbed into her car. "I'm trusting you to eat lunch and dinner, okay? don't wander off. if they make bad choices, call me immediately, okay? don't be too quiet. keep safe, don't trust anyone who isn't the girls. don't buy any pets. don't give your number unless it's to the girls. ignore paparazzi. don't drive. don't drink, you hear? also, remember not to lose anything. don't steal. don-"

"Demi," I said gently. "relax."

Demi breathed out slowly. "sorry. I'm getting controlling."

"no," I smiled slightly as we began to drive. "it's cute. just know that you can trust me."

"I trust you," Demi said, sounding more relaxed. "and I love you a lot."

"I love you too."

---

as soon as I neared Starbucks, I saw the girls sitting on a bench outside. Dinah jumped up so fast she must've hurt herself in some way.

Demi and I headed over to the girls, all of them getting up and waving excitedly.