Prologue

Author's POV

It was a normal summer day as usual. There were kids running along everywhere you went, not to mention the many out of breath parents trying to catch up with them. Perth was a rather friendly city, if an unknown person was present, someone was bound to walk up to them and greet themselves. However, that wasn't always the case.

Blonde, blue eyed, 6 year old Luke Hemmings was at the park with his beloved mother.
"Luke sweetie take off your jacket, its unbearably hot today, and your all bundled up." She said helping her son take his coat off. Once it was off, she noticed cuts and bruises on both his arms. Gasping she added, "Oh my, Luke what happened?"

"Nothing mum!" Luke whined. "I just fell at school." His mum nodded, not seeming convinced.

"Well if you say so sweetie, now run along, have fun. Today's no day to sit." She urged helping him off the park bench. She kissed his head before he ran off to Lord knows where.

Without hesitation, Luke started climbing the monkey bars. He was fits of laughs and giggles. Once he reached the end, he stepped onto the platform, and threw his fists up in the air with victory. Not realizing how close he was to the edge of the platform, he slipped and fell backwards. Or fell on someone.

"Omph!" The boy below him now laying face down on the ground with Luke on top of him. Luke quickly gathered himself up reaching a hand for the boy laying on the ground.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mea-" Luke's rambeling was cut off from the boys laughter.

"Its okay mate." He smiled reassuringly.

"I'm Luke."

"Michael, nice to meet you." Luke couldn't help but look at the boys' arms, which were covered in pen drawings. "My dad calls them tattoos. He says they're drawings that you want to keep forever."

"You have a lot of marks." Michael smiled, but it soon faded as he looked at Luke's bruised and it arms.

"So do you dude."