Chapter 12.

It was 2am and Luke was tossing and turning. He tried not to, seeing as everyone was sound asleep and he didn't want to wake them, but trying to sleep in a new surrounding was always hard for him. He groaned, slamming his fists on the bed in defeat. Michael perked an eye open, making himself aware of Luke's obvious struggle. He sighed under his breath, scooting to Luke, wrapping an arm around him and made it so Luke's back was pressed to his chest.

"Lil squirmy." He muttered as he drifted back to sleep, along with a seemingly more calm Luke.

-

"Don't wake them!"

"I'm not stupid!"

Calum was trying to take a picture of Michael and Luke cuddled up to each other, but not wanting to wake them.

"1, 2, 3" Click.

"Let me see." Ashton said trying to look at the phone screen. "Should we wake them?" Calum only shrugged and grabbed a pillow, throwing it at the sleeping pair.

"5 more minutes. Please." Luke mumbled. Calum rolled his eyes.

"Cmon breakfasts ready. Eggs and ba-"

"I'M UP" Michael practically yelled jumping up and running down stairs with Calum. Ashton stayed behind and watched Luke drift back to sleep.

"Luke? You gonna come?" He asked.

"Yeah." Luke groaned, forcing himself to get up.

The table was filled with chatters of everyone's plans for the rest if the week and sorts.

"Boys, I felt this to be the perfect to announce something." Mrs. Clifford said. Everyone quieted down and waited for her to speak. She took her husband's hand and began to speak.

"We're having a baby."

Michael practically choked on his food, spitting it back out on the plate.

"A what now?" His words were barely audible.

"We know we should've told you sooner, but we wanted to wait." His dad said. Michael shook his head, getting up and excusing himself. He went outside, slamming the front door as he did so. Everyone looked shocked, except Luke. He chased after him as soon as he processed what had happened.

Does he not want a sibling? He asked himself. He spotted Michael walking to Lord knows where. He quietly followed him, not wanting to make himself visible in case he were to get mad.

Michael stopped at the park they first met at. He was sitting on a bench, his breath like a cigarettes' smoke in the air. Luke slowly approached him, thinking over what to say if he got upset.

"Michael?" His head shot up to face the pale faced blonde standing next to the bench.

"Luke what are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"I knew you were upset. I couldn't just sit their with everyone else not knowing where you were going." Michael sighed, slouching in the seat.

"I didn't mean to rush out like that. I was just surprised. And scared."

"Why?" Luke asked taking a seat next to him.

"Luke, my mom had me at 24. She's 42 now. What if one of them doesn't make it?" Michael said looking up at the younger boy. "I can't loose my mum Luke."

"Don't think like that. She'll be fine. The baby will be fine. Your mum looks extremely healthy, she'll have a health baby. I mean she had you didn't she?" Michael only nodded, and frowned when he saw the goosebumps on Luke's arms.

"C'mon let's get back. You're freezing." He said stroking the cold skin of Luke's cheek.

They walked back, a sigh of relief leaving everyone's mouth as they walked into the living room.

"Michael..." Mrs Clifford said getting up to hug his son.

"I'm sorry for running out mum. I'm happy, believe me I am." He muttered as he hugged his mother. She let go of him to face Luke.

"Now I see why he think you're so special." She gave him a warm smile, which he returned.

The day continued normally, that is, until Luke had to rush out again to get back home at his mum's requested time.