Chapter 27.

Liz was sitting by Luke's bed, watching his son as he slept. She hadn't been able to properly talk to Luke since Michael was always in here with him. She didn't mind though, she liked Michael and was happy to know Luke had friends that cared about him so much. Luke stirred slightly and fluttered his eyes open. Liz smile widely at him.

"What time is it?" He yawned.

"3pm. You've been asleep for two hours." Luke nodded andnsighed heavily as he stretched in the bed.

"Did everyone else go home?"

"Michael's still here, but that's expected." She smiles. Luke's cheeks turns slight pink at the mention of his name. "Luke, there are things you're hiding from me. I want to know what they are. I worry about you Luke, and this just makes me worry more. Please talk to me." She pleads.

"W-what do you want to know?" He asks as his voice cracks.

"Well, everything. About your father, school, or anything you feel you need to tell me. I just want to be here for my baby." She cracks a smile, but Luke knows she's upset. There was a long silence before Luke finally spoke up.

"I uh, dad, he hurt me since I was four. It didn't turn physical until I was 11. Uhm... I so good in school I guess? There's not many things that distract me so I guess that's why." He stopped, not knowing what else to say. Liz nodded.

"Honey, I'm not saying you did sleep with this young girl, but have you ever been with a girl like that?" She asks, knowing not to push her limits too much. Luke's eyes wandered to everywhere but his own mother's gaze. "Have you?" Tears welled up in his eyes.

"M-mum, I've never been with a girl. I don't think I ever will. Because I'm gay." By now tears rolled freely down his cheeks. He wouldn't dare look at his mother knowing how disappointed she may be. "Please don't hate me." He mumbles, squeezing his eyes shut. Liz frowned and took one of Luke's hands.

"Luke, I could never hate you. Is this a surprise to me? Yes of course, but I don't hate you for it. If this is who you are then we need to find you a hubby." She says smiley. Luke let out a small laugh.

"I think I already found him mum." Liz furrowed her eyebrows before her eyes lit up.

"Who is it?!" She asks. Luke shook his head as a big smile was plastered to his face. "Fine, if you won't tell me, I'll have someone else find out for me." She says laughing.

"Good luck." He chuckles.

A few hours had passed and Michael was back beside Luke. Liz had gone home to rest, and Calum and Ashton were in the hospital cafeteria.
Luke was sat up in his bed, playing a card game Michael had taught him. They'd been playing for a good half hour, only because Luke was determined on beating Michael.

"C'mon Luke give it up you aren't going to beat me." Michael chuckled. Luke pouted and threw his card down on his lap.

"You're cheating!"

"Beating you isn't cheating Lukey." Luke pouts at the let name.

"Meanie." He huffs. Michael chuckles once more and picks up the cards. "How are Ashton and Calum?"

"They don't hate each other anymore gladly." Luke laughed. "How do you feel?"

"Just really tired." Michael frowned. Luke hadn't gotten his colour back over these past 3 days, and he's almost always sleeping or always tired. To Michael, he still felt cold. Every time he'd hold his hand, stroke his cheek, or kiss his forehead, it'd feel like he was a melted ice cube. The doctors say he's fine, but Michael didn't know if he should believe them or not. Luke didn't look fine. That's because he wasn't.

Luke yawning caught Michael by surprise and snapped out of his daydreaming.

"You need to rest Luke." He says holding his hand and stroking it with his thumb. He sighed, feeling the coldness again.

"But if I sleep and you leave I'll wake up alone again." They both frowned.

"Tell you what, I'll sleep here with you."

"The doctors wouldn't let you."

"I'll make them." They laughed weakly. Both now feeling exhausted. Luke layed back down on the bed as Michael covered him with the thin sheets. He layed his head on the bed, body still sat on the chair. Luke's eyes started fighting to keep open, but soon gave up as Michael began stroking his hand again. He smiled up at the sleeping blonde, and softly kissed the upper side of his hand.

"I love you, Luke."

***

OKAY SUCKY CHAPTER IM SO SORRY.

Hey guess what? The next chapter is the last chapter in this book. Excited? I am. There will be an alternate ending and a sequel so be sure to check that out when its up. I love you guys very much. Muah :*

-E xx