Chapter 14.

Luke's POV

I was heading out of my house with a bag full of food. Mum always wanted to fatten us up. I walked to my brother's work, hopeful that his boss would let me play the piano again. Well, after I give Jack his food of course. I strolled along the pavement watching my breath turn to cigarrete smoke. If I wasn't in a hurry, I'd wander around just admiring the chilly fall day. But no I have to get Jack his food because he doesn't want to go out in the cold. I swear he's spoiled. Sighing, I made my way to the small coffee shop, noticing two familiar figures. Shit. Don't notice me. Don't notice me. Don't-

"Luke!" Crap. I smiled turning to them.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Just getting coffee. Ashton ditched us to go with Little Miss Perfect." Calum said obviously annoyed. I frowned.

"Calum I'm sure she's not the person you think she is." I say, only to receive an eye roll.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"Dropping off lunch for my brother, so I better go." I say walking into the shop. I heard the door bell ring a few seconds after I walked in, did they follow me in? Yup.

"Hey Luke. The usual?" My brother's co-worker asked.

"No thanks Eleanor. Just here to drop off Jack's lunch."

"Ay Lukey!" I roll my eyes at the nickname.

"Hey Jacky." I chuckle, handing him his food. "Say, can I play the piano?" He nodded and scurried to a table.

"You play piano? Show us!" I hear Calum practically squealing. I laugh and make my way to the piano in the far corner. I sit down and begin to play one of my favourite songs.

{Listen to this }

By the time I was finished, everyone inside was clapping. I felt my face turn red.

"To the moon..." Michael whispered, which made me lightly smile, making me happy that he knew the song. "If Ashton was here I bet you'd both be playing weird angelic things."

"He plays piano?" He nodded. Who would've thought. I saw Michael check his watch and quickly took his phone out.

"I have to go, but here put your number in." He said handing me his phone. I punched the number in and handed it back. He hurried out with Calum at his heels.

*time skip*

It was late evening and I was lying on my bed working on the assignment MICHAEL is supposed to help me with. I wonder how he made it to Senior year. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. That's strange. No one really texts me. I take it out and read the text.

1605763459 (A/N this isn't a real number please don't call it)
Hey Lukey.

Me:
Who's this

1605763459
mICHAEL DUH.

I chuckle. I forgot I gave him my number. I save his number and continue to text him.

Me:
Nice to meet you Michael duh.

Michael:
Oh shut up

Me:
That's not nice :(

Michael:
I'm sowwy

Me:

Michael:
Whatcha doing?

Me:
The assignment for Mrs. Made. Ya know. The one you're supposed to help me with?

Michael:
Right right. How bout this. You write a poem. I write a poem. And maybe tomorrow we can meet up and mesh our ideas together.

Me:
That sounds good.

Michael:
Yay! Can we meet at your place? Tomorrow's cleaning day and my mum doesn't want anyone over.

Me:
Michael..

Michael:
I'll be good. I promise. I'll make it my priority for your parents to like me.

Me:
Okay... I just have to tell my mum.

Michael:
Until tomorrow then. Goodnight Lukey poo!

Me:
Fuck you Michael.

Michael:
If you insist ;)

And in that moment I threw my phone across my bed and covered my now tomato face. This boy has no limits does he?