Chapter 15 Part 2.

Author's POV

Luke was back in his room, laying with his head hanging from the edge of his bed.

"When broken blue eyes met a smile absent of lies." He said to himself. He sighed, checking his clock.

2:36pm

Michael was supposed to come over in less than an hour. How was he going to explain the cuts and bruises that went all the way up to his neck? Lie and say he was wrestling with his brothers? Maybe.

"Why did I do this? Why did I have to drag him into this?" He asked himself as he sat upright. He grabbed his finished poem and went over it practically ten times to make sure it wasn't too much. He heard his mum call from downstairs, so he collected himself and walked down.

"Luke, can I talk to you?" She asked. He knew what the talk would be about, and for him it was too son, but he didn't want to upset his mother. He followed her into the kitchen and took a seat at the dining table.

"What's the matter mum?" He asked.

"Luke, forgive me. Please. Had I known this was happening, I would've done something sooner! I didn't know thus was happening. I thought you and your father got along well, but I guess I was blind. Especially when I saw those bruises on you. I always thought you and your brothers were messing around I didn't-"

"Mum, its fine. Believe me, I have some fault in this too. I didn't tell anyone and allowed to continue. I'm the one who should be saying sorry." Luke said standing up to hug his crying mother.

The stood there, no words, just tears. Liz was the first to pull back, wiping away the tears from Luke's eyes.

"I love you Lucas." She spoke.

"I love you too mum." He said, cracking a small smile.

It wasn't long before Michael showed up. He had newly dyed hair, red to be exact. He knocked on the door three times before Liz opened the door.

"Oh my goodness darling." She exclaimed at the bright colour on his head.

"Hello Mrs. Hemmings." He said chuckling.

"Call me Liz! Luke's up in his room. Second door to your left." She said smiling. He nodded, making his way upstairs. He ended up in the bathroom the first time.

"Well now I know where to go without asking." He muttered to himself before finding Luke sprawled on the floor with his hands tucked behind his head. He turned to the door, seeing his red headed friend.

"Woah, what happened?" He asked.

"Pigment." Michael said. They both laughed as he made his way inside the small room. "Nice place."

"Small you mean." Luke said sitting up. "Did you work on the poem like your promised?"

"I was supposed to work on it?" Luke gave him a look as if he was mentally murdering him. Michael took a folded piece of paper from his back pocket and held it out. "Gotcha." Luke only rolled his eyed and laughed. They both sat on the floor and read their poems to each other.

"100 reasons to stay away,
And only one convinces me to stay.
Lost, broken and insecure,
Found by a soul true and pure.
Tears and scars have to leave,
Before they're found and made a melody."

Luke was left at a lost.

"I know its short, I couldn't think of anything else that rhymed and made sense." Michael said, earning a small laugh from Luke. "Show me yours."

"Drowing blue eyes,
Flawed by the inner lies,
Found a pair of emerald stars,
Shining like headlights of passing cars.
Ink and bruises, like carved in memories,
All originating from forgotten calamities.
Tragedy hidden away in the dark,
Nothing can hide the outer marks."

"Holy fuck Luke. Or should I call you Edgar Allen Poe." Michael said wide eyed, making Luke laugh again.

"C'mon you idiot let's piece this together."