Chapter 8

Luke's POV

It was after school and the four of us were walking to Mikey's house. Huh. Funny how I never call him that out loud. Well anyway, it felt like we were walking for such a long time. I actually wished Michael had his motorcycle. I guess he walked today.

"How much longer?" I whine. The rest of them laughed and felt my cheeks heat up. Michael handed off his book bag to Calum as he stood knees bent.

"Hop on ya lazy." Michael said chuckling.

"I'm heavy though." I heard him laugh, slightly, but I was serious.

"No your not, now cmon." He urged. I was hesitant but decided I was too tired to walk any more. So I hopped on his back and he held me steady. We walled for a few more blocks before we finally made it. Michael set me down as we all walked in, being greeted by his mum.

"Hi mum!"

"Hey mum."

"Hey mummy!" I didn't realize how close they really were.

"Hi Mrs. Clifford." I say shyly. She took one of my hands in both of hers.

"Now Luke, call me Karen, or mum. There's no need for formalities, plus Michael talks non stop about you, so you're practically family.

"We're going upstairs mother!" Michael said dragging me by the sleeve of my shirt. I felt my whole face rurn bright red. We got up to Michael's room and everyone besides me dropped their bags and plopped on his bed. I just stood there awkwardly. "C'mon mate, make yourself at home." I nodded slightly setting my bag next to the door seeing as I'd probably end up rushing out.

About an hour had passed. An hour of video games, eating, a full on pillow fights. I checked the time realizing if I didn't leave now I'd be late. I quietly excused myself as I went to grab my bag.

"Do you really have to leave right now?" Ashton asked. I sadly nodded.

"My mum wants me home at a certain hour, its a rule I can't break.. I'm sorry. I'll see you boys tomorrow." I say walking out. I ignored Michael's offer of driving me home. I can't risk my dad opening the door. I said goodbye to Karen and practically ran home. Once I was at the front door, it swung open revealing Jack.

"Where've you been?" He asked.

"At a friend's working on a project."

"Don't you mean girlfriend?" He smirked.

"Oh shove off Jack." I laughed pushing passes him. He stepped out, I guess he's going out. And I'm being left with my dad. Great.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings get your fucking lazy ass in here right now." I winced. I'm really dead. I walked into the dining room, knowing what was going to happen. "You were late yesterday. Care to explain?"

"I was at a friends house," I looked him in the eye, "we were working on a school assignment." I felt my head turn as his hand collided with my cheek.

"You have no fucking friends you dumbass. Who in their right mind would want to be with you?" I couldn't respond. He kneed me in the stomach. "Answer me."

"You're right, sir. No one. I'm sorry I was late."

"Sorry isn't gonna cut bitch. Get your ass upstairs, you're not getting dinner tonight." I nod as I race upstairs. I dropped my bag on the bed and tried my hardest to fight back the tears that invaded their way into my eyes. Why should I keep putting with this. Why don't I just end it now. End the pain, suffering. I've had enough.

-------------------

Be aware for the next chapter. It's going to be fairly triggering and I'm sorry. I quickly want to thank everyone for reading this and I would like to know what you think of it (:
I love you guys! Xx