Chapter 18.

It was an early Monday morning. November frost covered the green grass. Michael was sitting with Calum, neither Ashton or Luke were at school yet.

"So how'd it go yesterday?" Calum asked.

"It went okay, we had a good time." Michael responded.

"Good time I see." Calum said with a wink.

"Not that way! God Calum! We worked on the poem and I took him with me to get a new tattoo."

"You got another one? Let me see!" Michael slipped off his jacket, showing his bicep to Calum. "Woah. Did it hurt?"

"You have tattoos too how are you asking if it hurt?"

"Well I've never gotten one on my bicep!" Michael laughed. He looked over his shoulder and spotted Luke, smiling widely he motioned for him to join them.
"You like him, don't you Michael?" He heard Calum ask.

"What? No, well yes as a friend."

"I know you Michael, I haven't seen that smile and that sparkle in your eye since Janette." Michael sighed, recalling the previous encounter.

"Good morning guys." Luke said taking a seat next to Michael.

"Morning mate." Michael said. Calum smiled as Michael put an arm around his shoulder. They sat and chit chatted for a few minutes. Calum was laughing but it soon turned into a snarl.

"Look at what the strip club brought in." He said noticing Ashton walk hand in hand with Bryanna.

"Calum be nice." Michael said.

"Hey guys." Ashton said cheerfully. "I don't think you guys have been fully introduced to Bryanna. These are Calum, Luke, and Michael."

"Nice to meet you boys." She said with a tight smile. Luke and Michael returned the greeting.

"Pleasure." Calum said annoyed, receiving a kick under the table by Luke. "Say Ashton, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with us after school at Luke's house, he was going to introduce us to his family."

"What?" Luke mouthed over to him.

"Oh, but I was hoping you could come over to help me with my homework." Bryanna said frowning.

"Sorry Luke, maybe another day?" Ashton said. Luke could notice how upset and angry Calum was. He didn't notice that Ashton had walked away with Bryanna.

"Ashton wait!" Luke said running after them.

"What was that about?" Michael said cocking an eyebrow.

"Just to show you both how far gone he is." Calum said nonchalantly.

"Why is it you're so against him dating her?"

"I'm not."

"Then why don't you like her?" Michael knew he was pushing the subject since he could see tears welling up in Calum's eyes.

"Because I love him." He said, for the first time admitting it to his friend, and to himself.

***

"What is it Luke?" Ashton asked.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? If that's okay with you?" He asked. Ashton nodded and let go of Bryanna's hand, and following Luke to a nearby water fountain.

"What's up?"

"You know, uhm introducing you guys to my parents... would mean a lot to me, and I want you there. It wouldn't be the same if I had to introduce you separately."

"Luke," Ashton scratched the back of his neck, "I'd love to but-"

"Ashton we miss you. Calum most. You haven't spoken to us in over a week. Please." Like said with pleading eyes. Ashton was going back in forth on what he should do. Luke was right, he hasn't spoken to them in a long time, but he doesn't want to be the douche that blows off his girlfriend.

"Okay, Luke. I'll go. Let me just tell her." Luke nodded as he watched him walk back over to his girlfriend. He could tell she was upset, angry even. She sent him a cold look that made him nervous, so he decided to walk back over to the pair.