Chapter 4

It was lunch time, and as usual, Luke was no where to be seen. Michael was at a lunch table hoping to spot the blonde.

"Oh c'mon Michael, are you looking for that Hemmings kid?" Calum asked.

"We have a project to do together." Michael responded. Rolling his eyes and smirking, Calum nudged Michael's arm and pointed to a nearby empty table. Realizing what he was hinting at, Michael gathered his lunch and scurried over to the table.

"Think he'll get some tonight?" Calum was met with a book to his head by Ashton.

Luke's POV
I was at an empty table. I was writing as I normally would, until I noticed someone had sat right in front of me.

"Hi!" Michael half yelled. I bearly acknowledged him, giving him a small smile before returning to what I was doing. "Where's your lunch?"

No where because I need to lose some damn weight

I thought to myself, not really wanting to say the wrong thing to the one person who actually knows I exist.

"Want my cookie?"

Fuck no.

"Uhm, sure!" I said, immediately regretting opening my mouth.

Fatass.

He reached into his lunch bag taking out piles upon food. He grabbed what he was looking for and slid it over to me.

"It's peanut butter, you're not allergic right?" He asked. An evil thought arose in my head, the cookie was already in mouth so this was perfect.

"Peanut butter?" I coughed, pretending to choke and spit it out. Eh another excuse to not swallow food? He had a panicked look on his face, I knew it'd worked.

"Oh my god I didn't oh my. SOMEON-" I cut him off by trying to stifle my laughs.

"Gottcha." I said smirking. He slumped in the seat folding his arms.

"Meanie. You had me thinking I killed you." He pouted. I chuckled taking another bite of the cookie.

What the fuck are you doing.

I really didn't know.

"So again, about the project? Do you still want to go over to my house?" He asked, fairly hopeful.

"Yeah, sounds good."

Dad's going to murder you.

"Why are you all alone? Cmon I want you to meet my friends!" Before I could protest, he was out of his seat and dragging me over to where I'm guessing his friends were.

"Michael I really don't think this is nec-"

"Guys this is Luke!" Four boys looked at me and smiled. "That's Ethan, Harry, Ashton, and Rover!"

"Haha very funny dipshit. I'm Calum." The dark haired boy said sticking out his hand. I hesitantly took it as he shook it firmly. "So is this the one your getting with tonight?" He asked. I mean yeah, we have a project right?

"Shut up!" Michael said. One of the other boys noticed my confusion and frowned.

"Don't pay attention to them, they're weird." He said smiling. "I'm Ashton by the way." Smiling back, I sighed in relief as the lunch bell rang. Hopefully I'll have no more social interactions.
****

It was the end of school and I was at my locker putting my stuff away, when I felt that all too familiar tap on my shoulder. Not bothering to see who it was, I continued shoving my things in the small compartment.

"Yes Michael?" I asked.

"How'd you know it was me?" I could here his smirk.

"I dunno, it just tapped my brain." I said shutting my locker and turning around. He laughed.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded. We walked over to the parking lot, I thought he had a car. Nope. He had a motorcycle.

"Please don't make me get on that." I pleaded. He just handed me a helmet. "Wait what about you?" I asked more scared for him than the possibility of me falling off and dying.