Chapter 21.

Michael didn't know what happened, or why or how. He can only vouch for the way Ashton had Luke pinned up against the cafeteria wall. For Luke, it all happened in a flash. One moment everything he ever knew was slowly fading. Breathing fast and heavy, while the events prior had sent him into a state of panic. For himself, for Michael, for Ashton and for everyone else that had to experience it all happen in that crowded room. Before anyone knew it, he was on the floor, unconscious and ghostly pale.

*
Calum and Michael were out in the hospital's waiting room, scared and anxious for the doctor to come out and tell them something, anything.

"What happened in there? Why was Ashton so angry at him?" Michael asked through a raspy throat. Calum hesitated, deciding if what Ashton said was worth saying to his best friend. Surely its a lie, Bryanna is known for that stuff. Right?

"Ashton, he uhm, he said Bryanna was pregnant. With Lukes kid I mean. But that's not possible. It can't be true."

"W-what?"

"Bryanna just made it u-, you don't actually believe that do you?" Calum asked in surprise. Michael shrugged.

"I just want to talk to Luke. I want to hear it from Luke. I just need to see Luke." Calum wrapped an arm around the red head, pulling him and giving him a tight hug. It seemed like hours, but the doctor finally stepped in the waiting room.

*

Michael was sitting by Luke's bed, head and hands rested by the boys' warmth. Calum was sitting by the wall, looking at the pair and wondering how different things would be had Michael not met Luke. He smiled to himself, knowing that this boy, this shy and confused boy made his best friend the happiest person on the planet. Michael had his hand wrapped around Luke's. He was tired from all the events that had taken place, just wanting to sleep next to the blonde and never leave his side. His head instantly shot up as he felt a small squeeze on his hand. He turned to see Luke slur and flutter his eyes open.

"You're awake." Calum said smiling and walking over to the bed.

"What happened?" Luke asked. Michael turned to face Calum and then back at Like before answering.

"You had a panic attack, and you sorta blacked out." Luke nodded and looked over to Calum.

"Was it all a dream? Or does Ashton really hate me?" Calum didn't answer, only hung his head low ams frowned.

"Luke, what happened? Not with Ashton. I know enough, but," Michael sighed, "Luke you weigh 92 pounds." Luke didn't answer, just turned to the window. Both Calum and Michael frowned, wanting an answer but not wanting to press the subject. "Are you a virgin?"

"You can't honestly think I slept with Bryanna so you Michael?" Luke asked angrily, thinking of how in the world the person who knows him more than anyone could even think that he would do such things.

"M' only asking." Michael said in defense. Luke only rolled his eyes.

"When can I leave?" Luke asked.

"Not until the doctor finds a reason for you weighing so little." Calum said. As almost on cue, there was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in.

"You're awake. How do you feel?" She asked.

"I'm fine."

"Boys can I ask you to step out of the room please?" She asks, and smiles as Michael and Calum make their way back to the waiting area. "Luke, what's the last thing you remember?"

"Uhm being yelled at I guess. After that everything's a bit foggy." The doctor nodded and wrote things down on her clipboard.

"And, have you been eating properly?" Luke hesitated, trying to conjure up something believable.

"N-no, I've been dealing school things and stress, and I guess my appetite's diminished."

Lies

"Okay, well I'll have you set to leave tomorrow okay? We've called your mum, she's on her way from work. I'm going to give her a diet plan. See if we can get you back up to a healthy weight." She smiles and walks back out.

"Great..." Luke mutters under his breath.