7

⚠︎𝕍𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕠⚠︎

A week later

I'm walking in and I smell dinner as always. I go further in and I see her crying. Her face buried in her hands I walk to her and I wrap my arms around her waist. I kiss the top of her head and she says I'm sorry. I say don't be I turn her to me and I make her look at me. I say Are you crying over your family again? She says I'm worried I say About what Menna? She says that I'll be forced to go back Vince I'm scared. I cup her face and I say listen to me. You will NEVER have to go back. What has to happen for you to feel safe? She says I won't feel safe until he's dead. I say if you want I can make that happen. She says please I give her one of my burner phones and I say have him meet us. She calls him and she says Dad I.im lost he brought me out to the woods and now I'm lost. I had to run from him he was gonna kill me. Her dad tells her he's coming and she hangs up. She says Get rid of him I say would you like a souvenir? She says his right ear I kiss her head and I say I'll be back and I leave out. I go to the woods and he meets me instead. I shoot him point blank and I put a few rounds in him to make sure. I look down at him and I watch the life leave his eyes. I take my pocket knife out and I cut his right ear off. I put it in a small box lined with velvet. I go back to my car and I get in and I call the police to report it. I want her to see it on the news. I drive away and as I'm leaving I see 4 cop cars speeding that way. I go home to her and she's finishing up laundry. I say I'm home love she comes to me and she hugs me. She says I missed you. I say I missed you more. I give her the box and she opens it and she starts crying. I say what's wrong? She says thank you she hugs me tightly and I pick her up. She buries her face in my neck.