20

⚠︎𝕍𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕠⚠︎

A few days later

I'm standing by the counter talking to her while she cooks. When we hear knocking on the door. I answer it and Val is crying she shoves me and she yells you did it! Menna says wait wait I don't care how mad you are don't put your hands on him. She says you don't even know what that bastard did. Menna says what'd he do? She says Mom's dead Menna says what's that have to do with Vince? How was he involved? She yells he killed her! He put a bullet in her fucking head and he through her off the building like she meant nothing! She says how do you know? She says she was found at the bottom. She looks at me and she says Why? I say she said alot of things but what made me throw her over was when she said that I'm like my father and that I'll eventually hit you. She said when I do she's gonna go pick up the divorce papers. Menna wraps her arms around me and I hold onto her. Val says you guys are insane you killed your parents. Your just as insane if you choose to stay with him. She says I love him if I'm insane for loving then oh well. Get over it your mom wasn't exactly the kindest person. She obviously said some fucked up things. Val looks at us like we're monsters she says when he beats your ass like he did Loraine I'll still let you come with me. Maybe when he does we can get the fuck out of Italy. She leaves and Menna says if you were going to kill your mother why do throw her outfront. I say it was an in the moment thing. She says who's Loraine? That's a question I didn't want to be asked. I say No one she says it's obviously not no one. I say just drop it she says you said you'd communicate with me more. I just wanna know who it is. I'm sorry I asked and she goes back to cooking. When she's done she makes my plate and sits it on the table along with my glass of bourbon. Then she goes to clean the kitchen. She doesn't really talk much for the rest of the night. I didn't wanna ever talk about Loraine again.