21

❀𝕄𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕚𝕒 𝔸𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕤❀

The Next Morning

I'm driving to Val's house I couldn't sleep at all last night. I can't get this Loraine woman off my mind. Their's alot of things he isn't telling me. He isn't even willing to communicate. I pull into her driveway and I turn my car off. I get out and I walk up to her door and I know. She looks through the window and she opens the door. She says what do you want? I say Will you talk to me? I need to know who this woman is. She says come in and she steps aside. I go in and she closes and locks the door. I sit at the table and she says Do you want some tea? I say yes that would be great. She makes us both a cup of tea and she sits across from me. She says I figure he never told you about her. I doubt he's ever mentioned her to you. I say Never, I had never heard her name until you mentioned it. She says Loraine was his wife before he met you. You look just like her she was beautiful. I say Do you have a picture? She stands and she goes to her bookshelf. She grabs a photo album and she sits back down. She flips through it and she shows it to me and it's a picture of him and her. They look in love he was obviously younger. It's scary but we do look alike very similar. I say what happened between them? She says Vince has always had a temper and she was like you really sweet girl. Not long after they got engaged his temper started to show. He started to show who he really was. It started off with just verbal abuse. She found out about his many whores and she questioned him about it. She was upset as any woman would be and he beat her pretty bad. She chose to stay with him thinking she could change him. The physical abuse turned into a regular thing. She stayed with him for a year before she got tired and filed for a divorce. After that she was never seen or heard from again. I say what do you mean? She says I don't know if you realize but you married a very powerful figure in society. That was your first mistake. Powerful figures in society tend to get away with alot of shit. Meaning the police didn't look into it they say she left and got out of dodge. I say what do you think? She says I believe he killed her and they covered it up. But nobody will know because it's something he never talks about. I would hate to see you be next I say why didn't you say this before I married him? What if he tries to kill me Val then what? She says I don't know it's not like you can go to the police. I say Can I keep the picture? She says sure and she takes it out of the photo album and she gives it to me. I thank her and that's when my phone rings and I answer it. He says When will you be home? I say I'm on my way he says hurry up and he hangs up. He doesn't sound happy at all I get up and I say I gotta go. She says be safe I say okay and I go out to my car. I get in and I drive home and he's waiting.