I

"Wow, we did it!", my best friend Luna exclaimed.

"We actually did.", I agreed as I took another look at my University of Rome Master's Degree in English Language and Literature.

  I was very proud of both of us but it also felt like something was being taken away from us. The carefree school days were now over. It was time to become our own people. It was the ending of one huge chapter of our lives but deep down I knew this was also a new beginning.

"Okay, we have a week to move out of our dorms.", I took a deep breath.

"Yes! God, we are going to have our own place!", Luna was excited.

"It's not like we had to share our dorm with anyone else before.", I said smiling.

"True, but we are free from school now, and free from dorm rules. Hehe.", she explained.

"Mhm.", I said half excited and half scared.

  But as I remembered our degrees a wave of happiness washed over me once again. We started jumping around yelling and singing.

  The day was sunny and warm since it was the beginning of June. Rome was crowded with traffic and that didn't even bother me like it would under normal circumstances. I accomplished something today. I was content.
When we got to our room after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours, I called my sister on a video call. She immediately picked up and my parents were with her.

"You can say hello to the master professor of English Language and Literature.", I proudly said.

"Congratulations honey!", my mom screamed.

"Bravo darling!", dad added.

"Ooh, congratulations sis! It's finally time for you to start financing me.", Sonya was joking like we always used to.

"Hey, you can greet 2 master professors of English!", Luna was pretending to be angry.

  They all congratulated her as well.

"When are you coming home?", mom asked.

"Hmm... I don't know, it shouldn't take long.", I hesitated.

  The reality was that Luna and I have been considering staying in Italy at least for a while. We didn't plan on immediately returning home because we genuinely liked it here. We liked everything about this country so we were about to look for jobs to apply for.
Luna and I decided to take a few days for ourselves and celebrations. We needed a break.

"We miss you. It's so boring without you in the house.", Sonya moaned.

  They hadn't seen me often in the last 2 years. Italy was a day away by bus and I didn't have the money for a plane to go back and forth all the time. It wasn't like when I was at my bachelor studies in the city that was 2 and a half hours away from my hometown. Back then I was able to come every weekend. Now, I came only for holidays and spring break.

"I know you do. I promise I will come as soon as I sort everything out here.", I said and we hang up.

  Luna called her family as well and after that, we just threw ourselves in our beds and had a nap which lasted the whole day.

  When we woke up, it was time for dinner after which we were going to a club to celebrate our degrees. Luna wanted some noodles so we made some and then got ready.

  I decided to wear a tight, red, silk dress, a pair of black high heel sandals, and a black purse. Luna went for jean shorts, fishnets, black lace bralette, and a black leather jacket. As for the shoes, she picked a pair of black, high heel boots. We put on some glam makeup and went out to meet some other friends, two of whom had cars so we won't have to take a bus. I got us some alcohol to drink in the car before we arrive. It was vodka, unfortunately. I hated it but it worked the fastest. So we all drank, except the drivers, and put on some music making the party start before the actual party. We were taking shots and drinking them in one draught so that when we arrived, we were all kind of tipsy. The line in front of the club was long but it was moving fast. We bought our tickets and the security guys put bracelets on our wrists so we would be able to go outside and get back in without having to pay for the entrance again. Inside the club, the people were still arriving so we were able to find 2 free tables. The night was wild and I knew I was going to regret it in the morning. We danced as crazy and drank our asses off. Our time was filled with loud laughs, spinning rooms, and tripping everywhere. Even the two people who drove us got wasted so when the night ended some of us got back by bus and some decided to walk.   The dorms were around 45 minutes away and Luna, Marco, Sarah, and I started walking hoping it would sober us up a little bit. Luna and I stopped for a moment to take our heels off when a poster taped on the bus stop caught my eye. I took a closer look and saw it was a job opportunity.