XXXVIII

"Would you like to marry me?", he asked smiling but my breathing stopped.

"What?!", I said way too loud and he giggled. Everyone looked at me.

"In the future.", he chuckled and I blushed.

"You're embarrassing me.", I said.

"Come on, B! You two are meant to be together!", Giovanni said.

"Oh, my God when did you take his side?!", I acted offended but couldn't hide a smile and he just shrugged smiling.

"Imagine us as a husband and wife. Imagine us being parents.", Damiano whispered in my ear.

"Imagine waking up together every morning and having wild sex 10 times a day.", he continued.

"Shh!", I said as my cheeks were turning red.

"Look at them lovebirds!", someone said and everyone laughed.

"I would like to marry you someday, David.", I answered at last.

"Yes!", he yelled and kissed me.

  After the wedding rehearsal, Damiano asked me to sleep at his place but I rejected it.

"Oh, come on! I promise it will be fun!", he said and winked.

"I have work tomorrow and if I sleep at yours I would probably want to stay there forever and do nothing.", I said caressing his cheek.

"Oh, shit! We have to go to the studio tomorrow!", he remembered.

"See?", I said and he took my hands and kissed them looking me in the eyes, his gaze warm.

"Okay. I will call you!"

"Okay, lover! Good night!", I kissed him.

"Good night!", he answered and kissed me more passionately.

  The next day I had some meetings with my clients and by 2 p.m. I was done. Vic, Lu, and I were supposed to go for a drink after it. So, I drove to the cafe on the outskirts of Rome.

"Hey, girls!", I greeted them both since they had already arrived.

"Hey, B!", they answered.

"What's up?"

"Everything!", Luna replied.

"Really? Tell me everything!", I chuckled.

"Well, um, I'm pregnant!", she said excitedly and jumped in her chair.

"Oh, my God, Lu!", I almost yelled.

"You're gonna be an aunt! I'm gonna be a mom! Oh, my God! I AM GOING TO BE A MOM!", Luna was all over the place.

"You are and you'll be the best one! Oh, come here! Congratulations honey!", I said and pulled her into a long hug.

"I am still here you two!", Vic said acting all annoyed.

"Sorry, Vic!", we said at the same time.

"Oh, come here! Congratulations!", Vic smiled and hugged us.

"I am glad we're all together again.", I said quietly.

"What was that?", Victoria mocked me.

"You heard me."

"I missed you B. Ethan missed you, too. He was the one who updated us about you."

"I know. Hey, what's up with Thomas? Any news in his love life?", I was curious.

"Well, he and Miley Cyrus are still on it. But they had gotten serious. I don't know how they're still keeping it all a secret."

"You're joking! Wow! I am happy for him! We've never been that close. He's more of a Damiano's man but I know he's a good guy.", I said.