XXVII

Damiano's POV

  I woke up with a hammering headache and groaned. I got wasted the night before. All because of my stupid pride. It didn't allow me to call Bianca and say I'm sorry. Jealousy took the best of me. Lorenzo De Luca was once my friend but then he stabbed me in the back and turned against me. He stole a girl I liked. She and I were close although we never made it official. I was falling for her when it happened. One day she simply said she got feelings for someone else and left my life. Later I saw her with Lorenzo. I was heartbroken to see one of my best friends stealing my lover away. We used to hang out daily, all three of us. And then they betrayed me. I was so hurt that I couldn't write any song for a good while. I was in bad shape. De Luca called me a hundred times but I never returned the call. Later I heard they'd broken up but it meant nothing to me. And when Bianca told me about working with him my heart dropped. The flashbacks almost blinded me and a huge wave of anxiety washed over me. Ever since, I could not be still, or sleep well, especially since I was so far away from her. I thought the history would repeat itself and every article about Lorenzo and Bianca was like a punch in the nuts. I couldn't make myself tell her these things. And I knew she would be hurt if she ever found out for not telling her. She would think I don't trust her. It's not that. This was just a part of my life that I had buried deep inside to the point when I thought I forgot about it completely. That was until he showed up again.

  I tried to sit up as my headache worsened. When I looked beside me, my heart sank. A half-naked girl lay next to me. What have I done? I tried to remember if anything happened. I found out I was completely naked and quickly covered myself. I saw lipstick stains over my chest. Then I remembered! Bianca called me and I was wasted! Did she see anything? I recalled that the girl took my phone as she climbed on top of me and that's when Bianca hung up.
  I tried to wake the girl up and she groaned. Slowly, she opened her eyes and smiled but I didn't smile back. I was terrified.

"Well, good morning handsome!", she said leaning in to kiss me and I immediately backed up.

"What's wrong?", she said.

"Get out.", I said.

"What?"

"Get the fuck out of here!", I raised my voice.

"Dami, hun, are you okay? Last night you were-", she was confused.

"I SAID GET OUT, NOW!", I screamed at her. I knew I would regret it later but I was furious with myself. This girl did not deserve it.

"You're such a dickhead and I bet you're the worst in bed!", she said furiously as she was picking up her stuff from the floor.

"What?", I said confused.

"You heard me!"

"So we did not have sex?", I asked now calm.

"You were so wasted that you passed out immediately after that girl called you. I'm not into necrophilia.", she said heading towards the door.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry for screaming at you. This was a terrible mistake. I should have never brought you here.", I said feeling guilty.

"So I'm not good enough for you now?", she was offended.

"I love someone else. And I love her more than anything else. That's the point.", I explained.