XXIV

"Miss Vasilevska, you may go in!", the smiling nurse said to me after a few minutes of waiting.

"Thank you!", I replied and entered the doctor's office.

"Good afternoon!", I greeted her.

"Good afternoon Miss Vasilevska! Have a seat.", she replied.

"Let me just take your results!", she said and walked to a shelf containing files of her patients.

"Ah, here we go! Are you ready?", she asked and sat on the chair next to mine.

"Yes. Just tell me, please!", I sighed.

"Okay, the blood test says you're not pregnant!", she said and I almost choked.

"What? How? Are you sure?", I asked while my heart was racing like crazy.

"Well, you see, home tests can sometimes show false results. I'm sure you've heard of false positives and false negatives! It is rare but possible. That's what happened in your case.", she said smiling.

I needed a moment to process everything and then I felt a huge relief flowing through my body and I let out a big sigh with a huge smile.

"Oh, thank God!", I said almost laughing because my body needed stress relief.

"And the nausea you had was probably due to something you ate that day since it didn't repeat.", she said smiling because I was happy.

"Thank you, doctor! Thank you!", I said and left.

As I got back home I remembered Damiano was about to board a plane so I quickly called him. I couldn't reach him, nor anyone else from the band. After an hour of calling, I was finally able to speak to Francesca.

"Hey, Francesca? You gotta hurry and tell Damiano not to postpone the tour! I am not pregnant!", I quickly said.

"Okay!", she said and hung up.

I hoped she would get to him in time. He was at the airport at that moment and his flight would've been announced within the next 20 minutes. He decided to come before the others so he took the first flight when they caught a break from shows. It would've been such a mess if he left.
An hour has passed by and, finally, my phone started ringing. It was Damiano.

"Hey, amore!", he greeted me with a smile.

"Hello, handsome!", I said.

"So, we're not going to be parents after all?", he asked and I thought I saw a bit of sadness across his face.

"No, baby! It was a false positive! Wait? Did you get back to the hotel?", I said.

"Yes. Francesca barged into the plane before it went up and dragged me from my seat. Then she told me you're not pregnant and we returned to the hotel.", he explained.

"Whew! I'm relieved you do not have to call off the tour.", I said.

"Yeah, but I was looking forward to seeing you and our baby!", he said.

"Well, there's no baby, thank God! But I wanted to see you, too. I've just signed the deal with Lorenzo De Luca a few hours ago and I-"

"What? De Luca?", Damiano suddenly interrupted me.

"Yeah? Why?", I asked surprised.

"He, him and I, we do not get along. That's it.", he replied with uneasiness.

"How come?", I asked.

"It's a long story... We've known each other for a long time now.", he said.

"Okay, but it doesn't have anything to do with me."