XII

I got engaged in the conversation with Giorgio and Daniel so much that I barely noticed when Damiano came into the house. He gave us a quick look and then he was gone.

"Hey, Daniel? I wanted to say I was sorry for the way Damiano behaved earlier. He crossed the line.", I said apologetically remembering Damiano asking him about Maria when he complimented me.

"Why? It's not your fault.", he said with a smile.

"I know, but I can't escape the feeling of guilt for some reason.", I said awkwardly.

"It's because he likes you B. You can feel it too, and you know he said that because he was jealous when I complimented you. That is why you feel responsible for his behavior. You just need to accept it. Oh, and also, think what you want to do with that fact.", he politely explained.

I was about to argue but I stopped because Damiano got to the living room. He was wearing basketball shorts and a black T-shirt. His hair was still wet.

"Could you move a little, please?", he said to Daniel and me.

Daniel and I moved away from each other and Damiano sat right in between us. I tried to forget what Daniel just told me but it was hard.

"How are you guys? Are you having fun?", he asked giggling.

"Are you drunk?", I asked as he was leaning his head against the back of the couch.

"No. But I'd say you are.", he replied.

"No, everything vanished out of me when I took a shower and while I talked with these fun guys.", I argued.

"Thank God! You are so- Hey guys, do you know how annoying she is when she's drunk?", he mocked me.

"I think that the word you wanted to use is 'fun'!", I defended myself.

"No, I said what I meant.", he continued and I just rolled my eyes.

We didn't notice when the guys left the room.

"Woah, they left. When did they leave?", I said confused looking into Damiano's eyes.

"Don't know, and don't care.", he replied quietly brushing my arm with his hand.

I kept watching him as he traced my moles along my arm. He seemed very concentrated like he was in deep thought. We both stayed quiet and it was like we were alone in the world. I felt my eyelids get heavier again and soon enough, I was out.
I woke up at 6 am due to the sun rays falling directly on my face. I was confused since I didn't remember falling asleep. Then I heard breathing next to my head and when I looked up I saw Damiano sleeping. I was leaning against his shoulder. We were both covered. Crap! We fell asleep together last night. His hand was still on my arm. He was sleeping peacefully and looked surprisingly innocent.
I slowly got up and went to brush my teeth, and get changed. The house seemed to be quiet so I went to the balcony through the huge glass door in the living room. I sat at one of the chairs and took a few deep breaths. Then, I noticed Ethan sitting and meditating next to the pool. I decided to join him.

"Good morning! May I join you?", I said.

"Good morning! Of course B! Come", he moved a little so I could sit next to him on his yoga mat.

I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. The silence was magnificent together with the Sun that was slowly rising. The peace I felt was relieving. I had no thought in the world. At this moment, only my soul existed. It was perfect.

"It's magical, right?", Ethan asked as we were doing our last deep breaths.

"Entirely magical.", I agreed.