XXXIV

"You did what? On a public beach? Who are you and what have you done to Bianca?", Luna yelled from my living room while I was making coffee in the kitchen.

"I think I made a horrible mistake, Lu! That was too rushed! I just jumped back in.", I said regretting my reckless decision to just give in and have sex with Damiano the first time we got out after two years of not seeing each other.

"Bianca, you're grownups. And you are still crazy in love with each other. Even after being apart for so long, you still love each other. I don't think you should beat yourself up because of it. And also, what's done is done.", Luna said.

I brought the coffee into the living room and sat on the couch next to her.

"It was so stupid.", I slapped my forehead.

"No, it was not. And you know he's changed. You were secretly stalking him after all."

"How do you know that?"

"Honey, I know you so well. You can't hide anything from me. I knew you talked to Sienna.", she said.

"But why didn't you say anything?", I was surprised.

"I wanted to let you figure it out yourself. It's your life. I knew you loved him and you were worried about him. And what helped you the most was hearing that he got better.", Luna explained.

"Thanks.", I said.

"So, I was right about the sexy underwear after all.", she teased me.

"I don't think he even saw it since he just moved it to the side and my dress was covering everything."

"Bianca decided to go wild!", she giggled.

"Luna!", I threw a pillow at her.

"I don't know what this meant to Damiano.", I said.

"Are you kidding me? He was the one who has always wanted you two to be together. I'm sure you were not his one-night stand.", Luna reassured me.

"What if he wants to get back together? Isn't it too soon?"

"Bianca, you've waited two years for this to happen. He became a better man for you. I don't know where this insecurities come from."

"I am just worried that if we go all in at once it will turn back crumbling."

"You don't have to get back together immediately. Take it slow if it pleases you."

"I just wanna make sure he's alright. I need to see it for myself.", I said.

"Test him.", she said nonchalantly.

"What?", I was surprised.

"Test him. Be a mastermind. Set up a situation that will put his maturity to the test.", she repeated.

"The Universe would punish me for that!"

"It would not."

"Lu, I'm not doing it."

"Suit yourself."

Damiano and I were going to see each other that evening. He picked me up. We went to a restaurant.

"Bianca, we need to talk."

"We do.", I tried to sound serious and it seemed to be working.

"Maybe we rushed into this.", he said and I almost choked on the wine I had been drinking.

"You think?", I said, my eyes widened.

"Yes. You were right about the first time. We burnt too quickly. I was not in a good place then, I admit. I had my issues and insecurities. Working on myself helped me slow down and be present. I became aware of the other people around me.", he explained and my jaw dropped.