X

"Hey, girl! I heard that Damiano finally apologized!", Victoria said as soon as I picked up.

"It was a truly magnificent performance! Whose phone are you using right now?", I giggled.

"It's Thomas's! Please tell me he begged you on his knees!"

"No, but it was equally good. I filmed everything!"

"You gotta show it to us!", she laughed.

"Of course!", I said.

"Ethan mentioned that you were planning on going home for a while".

"Yes. I want to go maybe in a week so I have enough time to prepare for the trip when I return. I plan on staying for 3 weeks. I really miss them and I haven't seen them since April."

"I get it. And you should go. After all, I doubt Damiano will write anything until we go to the States and even if he does, we will not record it before LA".

"I know. That's what Francesca told me, too. She also said she admired the way I put Damiano in his place and the way I was getting along with you".

"Hey, what's wrong with us?", she pretended to be offended.

"You're wild!", I chuckled.

"Okay, that is true.", she agreed.

  We chatted for a while and then hung up.
  I slowly finished the lyric changes and by the end of the week, Thomas came to pick them up. Damiano was out of my sight for days. I didn't see him before I went home. It was nice actually.
I was excited to come home and after a short flight, I finally landed in my city. I was immediately greeted by my parents and my sister. We hugged for too long and finally got into the car and went home. I was happy to see that everything was the same. I missed my hometown so much. I missed my neighbors and my friends here. I missed our dog, too.
  We all sat for the whole day filling each other up on the news. I left out certain details, actually all details that concerned Damiano. I told them only to my sister when we got to sleep.
  The next week passed visiting my grandparents, aunts, and cousins. They all wanted to know how I was doing and how was my job. I brought each of them a bottle of good wine and some pasta. They were all so proud of me and I was happy.
  I loved my family. My grandparents on both sides were the best people in the world. I loved them more than words could describe and I felt guilty for not giving them enough time to see me. So, I decided to see them as much as I could all the while I would be staying.
Mom decided to make lunch for all of us to celebrate my diploma and my job. Then, it was time for me to tell them the news about my trip.

"Okay, guys. I have something to announce", I said and everyone turned towards me.

"You know what my job is and it turns out it requires traveling, too. So, I will be going to Los Angeles for a few months until the band records their album.", I mouthed.

"What did you say?", my grandma from my mom's side asked.

  She was scared of America. She heard many bad stories which made her think it was a dangerous place. She strongly opposed my decision to apply for an exchange in my first year of college. I ended up staying home anyways since my parents started opposing as well.

"Gran, it's just for a few months. Not all the places there are dangerous, and we will not be staying in the city. Also, my clients are famous and they will have security.", I quickly added.

"Be careful please honey.", she said with worry in her voice.

"I will, I promise."

"Dear, that is a big trip.", mom noticed.