XXIX

Two months had passed since my breakup. Two months had passed since I last saw Lorenzo De Luca. We broke the contract and never saw each other after that. I felt like he was the one avoiding me now. There were events where I expected to see him but it was as though he had vanished.
  I read the rumors about Måneskin and their lead singer. They said he was acting out. That he was drunk on the scene most of the time. I tried not to care. It was his fault. I continued working and working and working. I told my parents I would come in September. It was July. The band would be done with the tour in September and I didn't want to be in Rome when they come back. They canceled the European leg.

"B? Where are you?", Luna yelled when she entered our apartment.

"I'm in the reading room!", I yelled back. We had a mini office in our new place and that's where I worked from.

"B, they canceled the rest of the tour.", she said.

"I know about the European leg, Lu."

"No, the whole rest of the tour. They're coming home.", she said.

"Okay.", I said indifferently.

"Did you hear what I just said? Don't you wanna go home?"

"I... Yeah, I guess that would be nice."

"Want me to search for flights? Today? Tomorrow?"

"Woah! No need for such a rush. I don't believe any of them would come here right away. I need to speak to my clients and my parents first.", I said collected.

"Right! Okay!", she sighed.

"Lu, I am not sick. You do not have to worry about me this much. I am fine and I will get better with time. It's okay.", I said taking her hand in mine.

"I am not made of glass! I will not break!", I comforted her.

"But, you're doing too well. I mean that is great, if it's real but... B, if it's not please tell me. I am here for you.", she said with tears in her eyes.

"Relax, honey! I was a baby when Stefan happened. I'm a grown woman now. I know how to bear heartbreak.", I smiled, my eyes tearing up.

"I love you!", she said and hugged me.

"I love you too, Lu!", I replied.

"Now, I have to get back to work.", I said.

"You're overworking yourself. That is why I worry.", she commented.

"We all have our coping methods."

"You lost weight."

"I think that is normal. I was hurt. I still am. But I know I will be fine."

"Okay. I'll leave you to your work."

"Let's go out for dinner later!", I said.

"Sure thing! Where to?"

"Cantina e Cucina."

"Deal!"

  The dinner in a restaurant turned out to be an amazing idea. I missed pasta and wine. I missed people and music. It was refreshing.
  The next day I called my parents and told them I was coming earlier and they were thrilled. They found out about the breakup the same way the whole world did - over the internet. I had to confirm it at some point and it happened a month after the actual breakup.
  I booked my flight and soon enough, I was on my way home. Traveling by plane turned out amazing and I was thankful for the money I had to fly. Traveling by bus was exhausting.
  When I landed, my sister was waiting for me at the airport and we reached home after 30 minutes. My parents hugged the hell out of me and told me how skinny I got and scolded me for grieving and not eating. Typical parenting stuff.

"How did the breakup happen?", my mother asked when we sat in the living room to drink some coffee.

"Let's say we had some disagreements.", I said carefully. I wasn't going to tell them exactly what happened. Not everything was for their ears. I learned that through the years.

"What kind of disagreements?", she was curious.

"Mom, firstly we are from two different worlds. He's a world-famous rockstar and I am a translator of the English Language. I think that is enough.", I explained.

"But you are famous, too!", she reminded me.

"Yes, as his ex."

"No. You're famous among those famous people. You have so many famous clients.", she insisted.

"I guess you're right. Even though this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Damiano. He was the one who hired me.", I said feeling stupid.

"That may be true, but your knowledge and talent kept you at the top. You deserved all of that. Never forget that.", she said smiling.

"Wow! Thanks, mom! I needed to hear that.", I replied.

  We spent the rest of the night chatting and catching up. I was supposed to stay home for a month. I needed a vacation and all Italians respected that. I was looking forward to seeing the rest of my family. I missed them so much. My grandparents, my aunt, my cousins, everyone. 
  But for that night, I snuggled up with my mom and watched some romantic movie. She knew all of them and I've always wondered where she saw them all.
  The next couple of days I was catching up with some old friends as well as above  mentioned family members. It felt so nice being home in my city. That small, cozy, familiar city I've loved so much ever since I was born. I did miss the Italian sun but nothing compared to the place where you grew up, where you first fell in love or broke your left arm while swinging standing on the swing, or where you met your best friend in the entire world after the 6 months of pure loneliness in the freshman year of high school. Everything that belonged to me was here. I missed our family dog, Leo so much. He was fluffy and furry and full of energy. Just like always.
  I almost forgot about my life in Rome. Almost. Until one day we heard a knock on the door.

"Honey, can you get that?", my mom said to my dad.

"Of course, sweety!", he said and hopped from the couch.

  There was a moment of silence and then he came back to the living room looking at me.

"Bianca, love, I think you should go to the door. It's for you.", he said with worry in his voice.

"Who is it?", I asked confused.

"Just go and see.", he gave me a nervous smile so I went to the door.

"Hey, B! Long time no see!", said the man who broke my heart.

Hello dears,

  Here is another part for you! We're getting pretty close to the end of this story!

P. S. You can find a link to my Instagram profile in my bio if you want to follow me or maybe just see my face. I decided to stop hiding, at least for some time! <3

Love,
A Kid From Neverland