~two~

She stares at his perfect face, his defined jaw line and chocolaty eyes. His sinewy arms crossed as he smirks down at her with his pink lips and golden skin. Even in the midnight darkness, his blonde hair shines like the sun.

She hates him.

"Nothing's wrong, except for the fact that you're in my way." She glares, eyes filled with venom, as he only smiles more.

"Then ask me." His slight British accent only infuriates her more. His parent's hotel, The Evermore Suites, had been based in Britain, but when the rich got richer, they had expanded, finally settling down. In the state that Yara lived in.

"If you think I'm going to ask, then you'd be mistaken." She bites her lip, hard, as she glares at him. 

His eyes flick around her face, as if memorizing her, and he smirks. "Then I'm not moving."

She grits her teeth, looking down at the ground, at her black heels. She scowls back up at him, although he was painfully taller than her. He sat comfortably at 6'2 while she barely skimmed 5'6. 

"Are you really going to act like this? When will you grow up?" She rolls her eyes.

He lets out a short laugh. "I'll grow up when you grow up. And we all know that won't be anytime soon."

"For God's sake, Lucas. Just move. There are people expecting me."

He nods slowly, eyes never leaving hers. "Right. Because you're Miss Popular, and everybody needs to keep up with you." His tone turns bitter.

"Aw. Sounds like someone's jealous."

He scoffs, and even the offended sound makes him sound like an angel coming from his mouth. She can almost physically feel her heart harden in dislike. 

"Why would I be jealous?"

She tries to keep a straight face, but feels the telltale pull of her lips tilting upwards. "Because you know I could sweet talk anybody, and steal any of your clients away with one smile."

His eyes flash. "Want to bet?"

"Yep." She grins. This will be easy. She was blessed with a sweet smile and silver tongue; she would be able to win. 

"Okay. Bet on Smith." He smirks as her smile droops a little. Marco Smith was one of the scariest clients, with a permanent frown and knuckles that always seemed to be healing from something. Of course, nobody asked about it. They just gratefully took his money, because he was willing to pay a lot for a good room.

After a beat, she agrees. "Deal. And if I win...?"

He stands straight again, and that's when she realizes he had been slouched down so that his face had been very close to hers. She gulps and looks behind him. 

"Make this quick, Lucas, I don't have all fvcking day." She grumbles.

"Wow, the princess swears! What a miracle. I may have to tell your daddy, and maybe you'll lose your daily allowance." He sneers.

"Fine, if you're going to be like that. Deals off. Keep your money." She attempts to shove past him, but he grabs her wrist at the last second. He pulls her into him, until their chests are almost touching, and there was about an inch between their mouths.

"If you win, you can keep Smith and his buddies." He was talking about Smith and his rich biker friends, who would take over any floor of any hotel and do drugs and get laid as if it were routine. 

It's her turn to scoff. "Please. We both know that isn't a prize. That's a punishment." She screws her nose up slightly.

His eyes dart around her facial features once more. "That's hardly a punishment... if you know what I mean." His lips tilt up in the corner.

She rolls her eyes. "As if you could do worse." 

"Oh, much worse." He chuckles, his deep voice wavering through him. They were alone on the balcony, surrounded by the cool night air, and yet she felt a wave of heat pass through her, although she wasn't sure whether it was anger or... something else.

"Look, just tell me what happens if I can't bag Smith." She huffs.

"Then you owe me three favors. Or three wishes. However, you want to put it. If I want anything from you, you have to give it to me, or do it."

Fvck my dirty mind. She thinks, swatting away all those naughty thoughts. Why would she want to do anything with this boy who absolutely thinks he's the sh!t. 

But curse her daredevil attitude.

"Fine. But I want that the same for me if I win."

He chuckles again, and their bodies were so close, almost flat against each other, that she feels his laugh. "Deal." He says.

She glances down and realizes that he still held onto her wrist. Her skin was just starting to develop goosebumps at the touch, so she rips his arm away from hers. 

"Watch me win then, sucker." She smirks, successfully storming past him, walking over to Marco Smith.

~~~

Lucas watches as her slight build blends into the crowd. He feels his blood boil as he sees her touch Marco's arm and smiles cheekily, glancing back and winking at Lucas.

She's a tease. And he hates her. She's his rival, his enemy, his competition. She's a foe, not a friend.

But he would be lying if he said he didn't feel a pull towards her. He could not say that he didn't feel a pull towards her glare, a pull towards the set of her lips when she was mad, a pull towards the way her dark hair bounced around her shoulders. 

He was wildly in hate with her.

So why am I so attracted?

He knew it was purely physical. She had the personality of a grumpy cat who hasn't been fed in forever, claws out and eyes ablaze. Those dark eyes, that could probably pierce anybody, but at the same time make you melt at the innocence of it.

He certainly knew she wasn't innocent.

Their family rivalry all started when his parents moved and expanded to this state. They built two more of their luxury hotels and because of that, Ginny and Christo started building more of theirs.

Lucas Finnegan and Yara Moore were the most famous under twenty millionaires to ever exist. Their hate relationship made all the fans obsessed with them. 

Yara's Instagram account had millions of followers, and Lucas's socials blew up too.

Lots of people were curious to see if their relationship, if you could even call it one, would ever develop. However, he knew the truth. He knew they would always hate each other.

Because he would end her.

~~~

HEY GUYSSSS
how did you like the chapter?
honestly the best trope is enemy's to lover's and if you don't agree, kiss my 🍑

don't forget:
you're beautiful AND you should vote, comment and follow me 😂 <33

love you guyssss 

xoxo, red