~four~

She sits in her mother's office, toned legs crossed as she sits elegantly in the chair, dark velvety heels swinging. Normally, she never sits like this unless necessary. Her usual posture was comfortable to her, but her mother would forbid her from doing so. 

"So, what? You want me to go to this dumb camp?" Yara tilts her head, frown increasing at her mother's words.

"Yes. This camp will be good for you. It's a business camp, and it's only a week long. Lots of my friends kids are going. It's for sixteen and over teens who want to 'become one with business'." Ginny reads off of her phone. "For young entrepreneurs who want to extend their minds and learn from the very best."

Yara barely suppresses an eye-roll. "I thought you wanted me to be individual and not like everybody else." She says pointedly.

Ginny rolls her eyes at her daughter jokingly. "I know what I tell you, but this will train you even further." 

Yara huffs out a heated breath, the milky tea she drinks burning her tongue. "I don't want to." Ginny gives raises her brow, looking ready to fight. "But I will for you." Yara finishes, sighing.

"That's my girl. It's only a week. Oh, and did I tell you Sarah's going?"

Yara breaks into a smile. "Yay! Okay, I'm totally going now."

Ginny rolls her eyes. "I knew you would."

Sarah Darby was heiress to Indigo Hotel, the little inn famous for it's inspiring quotes and deliciously cute meals. Several of them had opened around the country and had gained attention when popular influencers stayed and had remarked about how cute the place was.

Indigo Hotel is very aesthetic, most things purple and filled with pretty flowers and steaming coffee. It was Yara's favorite place to study, as they had a huge library covered in dusty books and comfy chairs. 

Yara and Sarah had met when they were thirteen, at a charity event. Their parents introduced them, and they'd been close friends ever since. Although being opposites, they got along greatly, and they were the cheekiest duo.

Yara stands with her tea in one hand, phone in the other, as she slowly backs out of the room. Her mother was a busy woman, and therefore Ginny was always on her phone or laptop.

"See you later." She waves as Ginny's phone starts to ring.

"Bye, sweetie." She picks up the phone. "Hello, Ginny Moore speaking."

Yara shakes her head and laughs silently as she shuts the door behind her, traipsing down to the kitchen and putting her tea in the dishwasher. She spies Mira and Kara watching TV in the living room. 

"Hey guys." Yara drops onto one of the seats.

They both ignore her. For a couple of sixteen-year-olds, they were pretty lazy. 

"Is Mom forcing you to go to the camp? Or just me?" Yara yawns, running a hand through her dark hair.

"Just you, I think. I have dance and Mira has art." Kara says, attention diverted to the TV.

"Lucky. I have to go." Yara whines. "At least Sarah's coming, though. I wouldn't survive without her."

Mira smiles. "I know. Now go away, we're watching stuff."

"Jeez, you act like four-year-old's."

They don't say anything. Yara rolls her eyes.

"Goodbye then. I'm going to call Sarah." She stands up from her seat and blows her sisters' a kiss as she walks up the stairs to her room.

Yara shuts the door and plops down onto her bed. She clicks the call button and smiles as Sarah's sunny profile picture pops up. She answers on the sixth ring. 

"Hey, hey, girly." Sarah's cherry voice sings through the phone.

Yara clicks speakerphone and greets her back. "Hey. Guess what."

"What!" 

"My mom's making me go to the business camp thing."

"Ohh, good! My dad's forcing me to go too. At least we'll suffer together." Sarah's bubbly laugh floats around Yara's gold and pink room.

"Yep. Do you know who else is going, though?" Yara asks hesitantly, leaning her upper body off of the bed to open her bedside table drawer and pick out a lip balm.

"I think Joshua from Hen, Lily from Greven, and L-" Sarah stops abruptly.

Yara pauses, the lip balm she's holding never reaching her lips. "Lucas? Seriously?"

Sarah sighs. "I know, I know, I didn't want him to come either. Does your mom not know how much you hate him?"

Yara scoffs. ",She's the one who hates his mother." She runs the pink lippy over her small, pouty mouth. 

"I know, but you hate him more." Yara can practically hear Sarah's muffled smirk through the screen.

"Yeah, he's so fvcking annoying! He acts like a two-year-old."

"I know, but I think you hurt his feelings last time. From the sound of it, anyway."

Yara sighs, capping her lip balm and dumping it into the drawer again, settling back onto the bed. "I wouldn't call it hurt. But I do know I hit a sore spot. Everyone knows his parents are d!cks."

"I think so. Do you think it will make him any less annoying, though?" Sarah giggles. 

"No way in Hell." Yara laughs.

~~~

Lucas sits at the dinner table, arms crossed casually, but his mind racing. His parents sit stiffly in front of him, picking at the mashed potatoes. 

They eat in tense silence as he feels the maids' and servers' worried glances pass them by.

He grits his teeth and takes a mouthful of the gourmet steak. However, the atmosphere made it taste stale.

Lucas clears his throat. "So, did you hear about the business camp?" He keeps his voice icy and disinterested. 

His mother's cold blue eyes scale him. "Yes." She raises a brow. "You're going."

Lucas smirks, eyes hard. "Wouldn't have it any other way, Mom."

"Don't call her that." His father snaps, drinking his wine.

Lucas rolls his eyes. His parents were traditional and fierce, always demanding to be referred to as 'Mother and Father' never Mom or Dad or anything remotely personal.

"I'll call you what I want. Freedom of speech and all that." Lucas mutters. 

"What did you say to your father?" Felicia puts down her fork, glaring at her son.

Lucas doesn't even flinch. He stares back. "I said I have the freedom of speech. You probably wouldn't know, considering the fact you barely speak at all."

Greg growls at the sight of his wife and son arguing. "Lucas, be quiet. Don't speak up like that."

"Whatever." Lucas stands up, slamming the door to the formal dining room and trudging up to his room.

~~~

aww poor boy
it's crazy how sometimes the most popular, beautiful people that we envy could have the most sh!t home life

don't judge people based on their looks, we really never know

they could be a serial killer

hide your cereal! 🥣
xx, red